Lunch/artist- no more

Poohs Pal

DIS Veteran<br>Beautiful and smart so she says<br>
We drove to WDW. When we pulled in to The Disney Welcome Center in Ocala my cell phone started to ring. It was disney calling to tell me the artist lunch was no more but i could keep my PS and have lunch with an imagineer(DSIS was bummed). I went ahead and took the lunch with the imageer. The fella that called was very nice and in great detail explained to me what an imageer was(DSIS stilled bummed). I'm sure we will still enjoy ourselves. Just thought I'd fyi in case someone didn't allready know. Susan

that is a disappointment ; I was hoping my daughter who wants to be an artist would have this opportunity on our next trip.

My DD and I had the lunch with Sam and Irma this past August. She still talks about it! I was hoping to book again for her surprise Easter Trip.

Oh well, I guess another Good Thing Gone!

Scratch
:(

One of my sons and his girlfriend had "Lunch with an Imagineer" around 10 days ago and LOVED it! The gentleman they dined with designed sets I believe and certainly sounded like an artist to me....just one with lots of responsibility.

I'm going to try to get around to doing some reviews, but they said the whole experience was fantastic. Very interesting conversation, fantastic meal, great service. The manager of the restaurant seated them and they enjoyed meeting him, too.

They received really cool black plates with gold engraved lettering and the Imagineer signed the plates as well as two personalized menus.

They both raved about this meal in every way.

we had lunch w/sam in september. it was great! maybe this is just temporary. pixie dust could help.:tongue:

Well we will be having our lunch tomorrow, can't wait. I will post about it afterward. We will be coming back to the room after lunch to rest for MVMCP. Susan

It has been a LOOOOOOONG time since Artists Point offered lunch. They stopped their character breakfast in May of 2001. Now, they are only open for dinner. Sorry.:(

Originally posted by eeyore0062
It has been a LOOOOOOONG time since Artists Point offered lunch. They stopped their character breakfast in May of 2001. Now, they are only open for dinner. Sorry.:(

Actually I don't think Artist Point ever offered lunch.....just dinner and as you said they used to have a character breakfast.

But Poohs Pal was going to have Lunch with a Disney Artist which was offered at Brown Derby. I hope she enjoys Lunch with an Imagineer as much as our two did.

We are back from our lunch. Go hungry, the lunch offered is amazing. Upon arrival we were taken to the private Bamboo Room. We were introduced to our Imageer-Pam. We then were seated. Pam went around the table and asked everyone to introduce themselves and tell a little something about ourselves-how many times we have been to WDW and our favorite attraction. Tje menu consisted of:Mulligatawny Soup with Basmati Rce, granny smith apples,diced chicken and minted creme friache.
followed by: Individual Cobb Salad-I have never had a cobb salad, it was really great.
Center Stage(choice's) Grilled Filet Mignon with Boniato Mash,crisp peppered onions and "chimichurri" aiipoli and rich cabernet reduction.(everyone choose this) Not only was the presentation good but it tasted as well as it looked.
Another choice was Thai noodle bowl with barbecue breast of chicken, sugar peas,bok choy, and ****ake mushrooms in a red curry broyh.
Or: pan-fired grouper over roasted asparagus, citrus pluga butter sauce onoin marmalade.
Finale: Bananas foster mascapone cheesecake with cherry compote and port wine reduction.
We were able to keep our personalized menu.

We were only given one plate per PS. I didn't know that's how it was done. Apparently no one else did either. We did say something so we were given a extra plate for our party of 2. And another group received one more plate per request. I wasn't happy about having to ask that Denise and I each receive a plate when the cost was the same for both of us. If you ask in advance each adult will receive a plate for an extra $5.00 per plate.

The interaction with Pam and our group wet very well and everyone was at ease with each other in no time.

Well I'm getting ready for the Christmas Party, so if you have any Quetions I'll try to answer them. Susan

Susan, interesting about the extra $5 for a plate. I agree it makes no sense. My son didn't mention that they were charged for an extra plate. I'll have to ask but I think he would have told me. I know they each received one.

What does Pam do as an Imagineer?

BVC23: We were really surprised about the one plate per party as it was never mentioned until the dinner was over. One party had 4 people and was not very happy. At that point we were told you can make arrangements when making your PS to pay the extra $5.00 per person per plate. Now this makes no sense to me because every person is paying the same price for lunch. To pay the 60.00 and not recerive the plate is ridiculus to me. We did receive a plate per guest as none of us were told of the policy.
Pam was very nice and kept the conversation going. Her job imageer was at camp minnie mickey. They help design the sets. We were incouraged to ask questions. One quetion asked was about the monorail being extended and she told us that was one of projects she help put together for consideration as the imageers really wanted that project to go forward, NOT HAPPENING. We asked about hidden mickeys and unoffically there arn't any purposelly put any place:rolleyes: Also asked about the black out area at the swan and dolphin, if the monorail would ever go through there. Pam told us no and that it would never happen because it isn't a disney resort. the train from Mco even though it's a go is still years away. Pam also doesn't beleive there will be any new disney resorts in the near furture, disney is cincentrating on DVC. Animal kingdom is being enlarged for Mount Everest and it sounds like a really cool ride. Good chance for that 5th park according to Pam with a smile!!! Will try to remember more and write latter. Going to HDD and MVMCP tonight. Susan

Lots of cool info, Susan. I hadn't even heard a rumor about a fifth park!

I keep forgetting to ask my son about the plate/person but that really does sound goofy to charge extra. Maybe they're running out:teeth: or maybe whoever was handing them out at your lunch was confused!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter