Lunch at Hollywood Studios

It's our tradition to eat at Sci Fi once each trip!

If you look at the menu, you can see it's also quite reasonable for a table service for many dishes. Really barely more than some CS places!

Kids get a kick out of it, the food has always been pretty darn good. We haven't had anything we didn't like there.

Once, it was me, my youngest, his good friend and her little brother and their mom; I treated as it was my kid's birthday (and his call to eat there). It was barely over $100 for all 5 of us, and I know I had wine (forget but the other mom may have had a beer or something).

I always need a sweater in there! Not sure if it really is cool in there, or the dark just feels cool. It's a nice break from the hot sun, though!

Where is your favorite place to eat lunch at HS and why? It can be counter service or table service. I'm just working on plans, and I have a difficult time deciding on food here. We are a party of 5 (two adults and three "kids" ages 19 and 13).
We were not nuts about Hollywood and Vine, however, we always have a fun experience and great food at 50's Prime Time Cafe. The joking around with the waitstaff has calmed down in recent years, but I would still recommend it.

We prefer TS at this park ... Sci Fi or 50's Prime, but HBD has some nice items as well. Sci Fi is our first pick as I think it's the best themed restaurant on property and we stick to the burgers and sandwiches there anyway.

QS ... I don't like the food at PizzeRizzo but you can't beat it for uncrowded, quiet cool space etc. Backlot used to be a favorite for burgers and unlimited drinks but a few weeks ago the burger was now a generic theme park burger, blah. ABC Commissary has had some good items over the years, I noticed last trip menu had changed. While Sunset and the rest offer some variety, I usually don't eat outside unless the weather is perfect for it.

I have two. With the whole family or with the dining plan, we usually choose 50s Prime Time. The food is really good, the kind of home cooking that we really never have at home because I don't deep fry or cook much comfort food. With a smaller group or without the dining plan, I really like the lounge seating at Hollywood Brown Derby. Though we were less than impressed by our meal in the restaurant itself, the lounge menu has my favorite dish (the cobb salad) and a couple of other solid choices and the mini dessert assortment is quite nice for sharing.

We are big fans of the Sci-Fi and have ate here many times. The food is always good and the service excellent. The atmosphere is absolutely one of the best of the WDW restaurants. I love how my daughters, ages 31 and 28, still love to sit in the back seat of the car with Mom and Dad up front, watching and laughing at those old cartoons and movies. Great memories.
I've considered Sci Fi as fun theming for the kiddos but since I've rarely pre-planned a lunch ADR refuse to wait an hour or so standby to sit at one of the side tables. Maybe next trip I'll think it through better.

If you are going to stay at HS, our favorites are Sci-Fi (you can't beat the atmosphere) and Moma Melrose.

Any of the table service places are good. We pick sci fi, brown derby or 50s.

Never have enjoyed a counter service in HS.
Except Starbucks, but that really doesn't count...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter