Lunch on embarkation day

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
Will be on Allure in a few weeks. Can we eat in the main dining room when we board? Or is the buffet the only option? Thanks.

I don't think MDR is open for Day 1 lunch.

If you board early enough WindJammer will be fine. But if you get on a little later look at Park Cafe and the Solarium Bistro (still a buffet) as an alternate option to the chaos.

The Main Dining Rooms will not be open for lunch on Embarkation Day.
The Windjammer will be open, along with the Park Cafe in Central Park, which in my experience is a lot less crowded. If you are willing to pay for Lunch, the Italian restaurant usually opens around 1pm

Checking my Cruise Compass from November on Allure

Free options

Windjammer
Solarium Bistro
Park Cafe
Wipe Out Cafe
Boardwalk Dog House
Cafe Promenade

Pay options

Sabor $
Johnny Rockets $
Giovanni's Table $
Vintages Tapas $
Chops Grill $
Sorrento's
Vitality Cafe $
Room Service $

I'm going to piggyback onto your question. Does Mariner of the Seas have any alternate lunch options for embarkation day? Will Cafe Promenade be open?

the promenade/sorrentos will start serving NLT than 1 pm. sometimes they are ready sooner so open up early.

The Solarium is where we ate, small buffet but plenty of choices and a lot less crowded than the Windjammer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter