Lyft/Uber with an ECV

Toffeewoffy

DIS Veteran
Hey, all. I haven't been around for a while (we got back from our last trip early October, but life has been hectic since then).

We are heading back to The Magic on 20th February, doing 5 nights in POR and then 4 nights in a studio at GFV. None of this is a problem in itself. I have the ECV booked with my usual provider and it will be delivered to me early the first morning.

The problem is that while we have free QSDP for the PO portion of our stay, we won't have anything for the GFV bit (being DVC). We will want to go shopping for bottled water and snacks etc at least twice - right at the beginning of our trip and probably again on the day we change resorts, and then there's our 'compulsory' trip to the Vineland outlets to visit the Kipling shop amongst others.

We made a decision not to hire a car this time as quite honestly we only use it 2 or 3 times during our stay - partly because of the effort humping the Pride 10 in and out of the trunk and partly because I can't make up my mind how long to hire the car for as I don't want to pay for 9 days' car hire when we're going to use Disney transport for 95% of our journeys.

So, everyone has been recommending I sign up to a Lyft or Uber account and using them on the 3 or 4 trips away from the resort. I have been given quotes of $11 to the nearest Walmart, for example, but I'm wondering about how much it would cost to get a taxi that could cope with a mobility device - assuming they can even do that. To be fair, I don't actually use an ECV when we visit supermarkets - holding onto the trolley is enough for my needs - but if we go to Premium Outlets I will definitely need to take my ECV with me.

Has anyone got any definite quotes for me on cost of hiring a taxi - and which is better, Uber or Lyft? If it comes to it, having only been to Premium a few months ago, we could probably leave that off the itinerary for this trip.

Thanks for your help.

For your snacks and water have you considered something like Amazon prime now? One less off site trip to be concerned about.

For your snacks and water have you considered something like Amazon prime now? One less off site trip to be concerned about.

You have to take into account the fact I'm a Brit. While I do actually have an Amazon Prime account, it's a UK one and is not transferrable unfortunately.

Anyway, we love browsing Walmart. We get no end of bargains there - September's haul included fans which hung round our necks for only a few dollars, and saved our sanity in temperatures pushing 80°!

No. You can visit www.rideguru.com for estimates for each service, but absolutely not definite.
Thanks for this. I have ascertained that all four destinations I would make (including Fantasia Golf) would come to under $90 including tips, which is better than £140 for 5 days' car hire ($176 approx) and possibly finding ourselves charged for parking in the resort, not to mention losing several hours being ferried to and from the car hire place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!