M&M Runaway Railway

Was at the park today. We tried to ride this 2 times today and were willing to wait for over hour waits. Both times about half way thru our wait the ride went down and so we went elsewhere in the park. We walked back to BWV At the end of our day and it still wasn’t up when we were back at our hotel. No problems getting our spots for Rise though and enjoyed it much more the 2nd time around.

We walked over from BWV on Saturday and Monday at 8am. We were in the second train set Saturday and the 4th Monday. We were off the ride by 9:20 both days. It was cute, but not worth more than a 45 minute wait. Of course I feel the same about Slinky.

I don't understand arriving early.... So if you arrive at 8 am and the park doesn't open until 10- that means you'll be waiting in line 2+ hours to get on this ride. If you arrive during normal park hours, you'll wait like 60-80 minutes. I'd rather not be exhausted before I even start my day...

I don't understand arriving early.... So if you arrive at 8 am and the park doesn't open until 10- that means you'll be waiting in line 2+ hours to get on this ride. If you arrive during normal park hours, you'll wait like 60-80 minutes. I'd rather not be exhausted before I even start my day...
Plan on arriving around 8:30-8:45. If you do this you would be through security and in the park by 9 (which is when they have been opening even though park hours say 10). Head straight to the ride which will already be running most likely and you’re done in 20-30 minutes with the ride.

Some people prefer to spend their time waiting before the park opens, opposed to waiting while the park is open and they could be spending that time elsewhere.

We walked over from BWV on Saturday and Monday at 8am. We were in the second train set Saturday and the 4th Monday. We were off the ride by 9:20 both days. It was cute, but not worth more than a 45 minute wait. Of course I feel the same about Slinky.

Am I understanding you correctly, does the ride start operating an hour before park open? Park opens at 10 right? So you rode and were off by 9:20, which was 40 min. before the park opens? Is that right? We are staying at beach club so this. would be a huge perk!

It’s a cute ride.

Agreed. Its Ok. You see some new detail each time you ride it.

Same level as Na'avi river. Maybe once per WDW trip, if the line is not more than 30-35 minutes.
Get rid of the Daisy dance room, and MMRR improves instantly. What's the point of that room?? Has nothing to do with anything else in that entire ride. Just shakes you up for 3 minutes, for no apparent reason.

My DD25 and I went on Sunday. We were third in line at the booth. At 8, we parked and had smooth sailing through security and the ticket turnstile. We went right to MMRR. WOW! It was my first time. My daughter had been on it for CM previews back in Feb/March 2020. I was extremely impressed. We got right back on and waited only what it took us to walk through the line and a few minutes at the front. We got on again later in the day and waited about 30-35 minute in a line posted as 50 mins. We noticed that the park definitely cleared out around 3:30/4:00. The wait for most rides was under 30 minutes. It was 20 for MMRR.
I know some disagree but it is my daughter's and my opinion that this is one of the best rides in WDW. It is so DISNEY! Everything about it screams Disney. The theme, the details, etc. are top notch. We are both SW fans but we agreed that if we had to choose, we would pick getting on MMRR over RorR.

We got off both times we rode thinking that MMRR is a lot of fun and (don't hate me) a good replacement for GMR. Sure, in a perfect world both rides exist, but if you are going to replace GMR, might as well be MMRR. This is going to be a fantastic fit in Toontown @ DL - it's definitely needed there. My DD7 and DW would both pick MMRR over RotR.

We go through this with every new ride, so I have to ask...
Is it worth it? Like it's just a trackless ride, right? Or is there some cool special effects or something that is earth shattering jaw dropping gotta do it?
So again, I have to ask.... does MMRR stand up against those greats? Does it have the new tech wow factor that makes it worth the 1-2 hour wait?

We were able to walk on with no wait. It was OK. There are a lot of visuals to see on the ride and is kind of sensory overload. I'll ride it again when we visit in March with my kids but it isn't something I will have to do every trip.

I concur, first thing in the morning. Later in the day it will get quite warm and there is no cover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts