• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

M & M's Dining Review (with PICS) - First Up - Pepper Market

HayGan

We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)<b
Well, this will be the first in a series of short but sweet (and accompanied by some wonderful photography - if I do say so myself ;) ) dining reviews that I will provide from my recent free dining trip. The participants were my mom & me (hence the M & M's) and that's it! No kids, no husbands so lots of time time to relax, enjoy and snap lots of pics without hearing "Why are you taking a picture of that?!?! Who wants to look at your food?!?!"

So I finally have sorted through the 650+ pics I took in 4 short days to find the best of the best to share with you all, so here it goes...

First up - Pepper Market at Coronado Springs

100_1162.jpg

My mom & I had never seen CSR so being that we had no ADRs for the evening and had no particular plans for most of our CS credits, we decided to take a few short bus rides over to CSR and try Pepper Market. I must say that I loved the resort but the meal left something to be desired. The restaurant was nearly empty and I think that was a significant factor in the poor quality of our meal.

I chose the wet burrito (chicken) from the Mexican Kitchen...

100_1163.jpg

It took the server less than 2 minutes to prepare and quite honestly the meat tasted over cooked. The salsa wasn't very good as well (taste reminded me of stewed tomatoes - blech.) I only ended up eating half.

My mom chose the Sampler Platter from the Wok Kitchen...

100_1164.jpg

She really wanted to try the roasted pork and bourbon chicken (front of plate) but they didn't have the pork :confused3 so she chose the stir fry beef (back of plate) instead. The bourbon chicken was very good but the beef was severly overcooked and inedible. My mom didn't care for the Oriental noodles that were included but I thought they were very tasty. Mom said that the egg role was actually pretty good as well.

For desert we each got a pastry (sorry - no pics.) Mom got a blueberry turrnover that was very good. I got a raspberry/cheese pastry that was terrible. I was very disappointed in the desert offerings here (although there were more choices than at other CS places.)

Overall, we were very disappointed in this meal. I do think that the quality likely was affected by the lack of traffic thru the place but I certainly won't be rushing back to try it again.

Overall rating - ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo out of a total of ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Next up - Boma (breakfast)

They really are excellent pictures. Never been to Pepper Market so your first picture was great to see. That food sure does LOOK tasty. I eat with my eyes first so I probably would love this place. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to your next installment.

Mary

Thanks. Really looking forward to Boma Breakfast. We cancelled our reservation there last month because we were staying concierge and found the concerige offerings more than sufficient. However, we will definitely have to try their buffet sometime in the near future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter