Made my own WDW DVD

WedWay72

Mouseketeer
I had to try it. Recently I had access to a new Mac computer...that had IMovie and IDVD installed. This was first time ever using an Apple product. My first thought was, why not make custom DVD's (including the menu screens) of my videos shot at WDW. Since then I've made DVD's of several parades, a walk down an empty Main Street USA , park rides and Epcot locales. I've got my instant fix for missing WDW now...I just start up the DVD player and pick my choice of World. After I finished I could only say "this is too cool."

A few hints:
1. Buy a camcorder with a firewire (IEEE 1394) cable.
2. Record WDW events whenever possible near a speaker
3. Buy a Mac.....this is just too much of a pain on a Windows machine...I know, I've tried.
4. Use a clip-on external mic for better sound quality
5. Scout out locations for videotaping the parades and at a minimum use a monopod.

Happy video work.....and now.........I'm off to watch some magic!

You're far more technically advanced than I am, WedWay72! What a cool thing to do!

Wow that sounds very cool!!! I heard that Macs have an excellent program for editing video. We've tried on Windows and I agree with all we had it was just way too hard! Too bad my DH won't let me buy a Mac just for that ;) Lucky you though to have your own personal WDW DVD to help you get those fixes!

Editing on PC is a piece of cake. You just need a firewire card and a firewire capable camera, along with some software. Adstech.com has tons of kits that have all you need or you can stop by a local computer super store and pick up a firewire card for cheap and some software to go with it. Just make sure you have a few gb of free disk space. I personally use Sonic Foundry Vegas Video 3.0 and it does an incredible job, however it may be more than most will want to spend, so I'd recommend their Video Factory program.

Cool! Unfortunately, I don't have a DVD burner... yet... Just too expensive... I think I'll wait till they drop in price... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter