Made stir-fry for dinner

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
Thought I'd share what we had for dinner tonight. It was sooooo good!

In 2 Tbl olive oil, I cooked a large stalk of broccoli & 1/2 green pepper for ~1 minute. Then I added 1 lb sea scallops, cut in half. Cooked for another 2 minutes. Then I added a pound of leftover cooked whole green beans & 1/2 lb imitation crab. Covered & cooked for 2 more minutes. Added 1/2 cup slivered almonds & 1/2 cup Rice Road Stir-Fry Sauce With Garlic & Ginger. It was only supposed to cook another minute at that point. I covered it & got the table ready, but got side-tracked. So it wasn't really stir-fry - the veggies weren't crisp - but oh my was it good!

I serve it with Rice Pilaf similar to the recipe Sonjarella just posted.
1/2 stick butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup rice, uncooked
1/2 c Tri-color Orzo
1/2 cup almonds
2 1/2 cup chicken broth (College Inn or Swanson or make your own with bouillon)
Mlet butter, add onion & garlic. Stir over low heat a few seconds, then stir in nuts. Add rice & orzo; stir until well-coated. Add broth & bring to a boil. Continue stirring & lower heat until it starts to bubble gently. Cover & cook 25 minutes.

And the best thing is that the scallops will still be on sale for 2 more weeks! We'll have this again!
:bounce: :bounce:

I love stir fry foods......hmmmm..wonder where I put that wok......I put that in the back when I got GOOD OLD GEORGE.....

LOL Pumba...I love my George too! :)

Piratesmate...that sounds great!! I love Stir Fry, but my family isn't too fond of it, so sometimes I only make a small batch just for me!! Gotta try this one as Scallops are one of my favorites! :)

I printed that one too. It sound scrumptious!! My DH always uses his wok, I say his because he does 85% of the cooking. ( It's a time thing, he gets home first.) He has cooked eggs in that wok it has become his best kitchen tool. I told the pumpkin job recipe and he asked if he could use his wok. When he uses his wok he throws everything in there, we never have the same recipe twice.

We used to wok all the time, but lately we haven't too much. I miss it!

Now we use it mostly when we are steaming dumplings. We set the steamer in the wok. I could go for a good stir fry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter