Magic Band Charging Privileges

mi*vida*loca

Collect memories, not things
I would like DD12 to have charging privileges on her MB. Do I have to go to the front desk and set this up since she is a minor or is it automatic? I've set up our PIN and put in a credit card on MDE. I set it up so we both have the same pin. It looks like we both have charging privileges but I'm not sure due to her age.

I would like DD12 to have charging privileges on her MB. Do I have to go to the front desk and set this up since she is a minor or is it automatic? I've set up our PIN and put in a credit card on MDE. I set it up so we both have the same pin. It looks like we both have charging privileges but I'm not sure due to her age.

With a CC and PIN setup, all active MBs have charging privileges. If anyone doesn't want someone to be able to charge they just don't tell that person what the PIN is.

With a CC and PIN setup, all active MBs have charging privileges. If anyone doesn't want someone to be able to charge they just don't tell that person what the PIN is.

Great! Our last trip was 2015 and I couldn't remember how the whole set up worked.

My thirteen year old picked it up right away. He just loved being able to spend all the money ;) He told me next time, he would like to stay at an Epcot resort so he can just walk over and get whatever he wants lol (oh is that how that works? lol)

My thirteen year old picked it up right away. He just loved being able to spend all the money ;) He told me next time, he would like to stay at an Epcot resort so he can just walk over and get whatever he wants lol (oh is that how that works? lol)

Oh I'm sure she will think that means spending spree! lol We are staying at BWV so I can picture DD going over to the Boardwalk or Epcot to get lunch or a snack. But I believe they can't enter a park alone until they are 14. Do they check via MB or just by how old the kid looks? DD looks older than 12 so I wonder if they would let her in alone.

Oh I'm sure she will think that means spending spree! lol We are staying at BWV so I can picture DD going over to the Boardwalk or Epcot to get lunch or a snack. But I believe they can't enter a park alone until they are 14. Do they check via MB or just by how old the kid looks? DD looks older than 12 so I wonder if they would let her in alone.

Our son started going to the parks alone since he was 11 without issue.

Props to you on this. I'm not even sure I want to give my husband the pin in worry of what all he'll decide that he needs on our trip! I'm sticking to a giftcard for him.

It's just DD12 and myself going this trip so we will be together 99% of the time. She honestly wouldn't get anything without asking but I'm sure she will crack some jokes about wanting to buy this or that.

Our son started going to the parks alone since he was 11 without issue.

Good to know! There is a day or two that I want to hit Epcot up for F&W booths at 11 am after a late night out. If she wants to sleep in it'll work out well with her meeting me later.

It's just DD12 and myself going this trip so we will be together 99% of the time. She honestly wouldn't get anything without asking but I'm sure she will crack some jokes about wanting to buy this or that.

When my girls were around your DD's age, we used to tell them that only food and drinks were allowed to be charged to their magic bands. It didn't take them long before they figured out we were full of it :upsidedow :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter