Magic Band for Purchases

pditullio

Mouseketeer
Random question re: magic bands...

We generally use our Bands for making purchases on our trips, including food, beverages, etc. because we are big fans of going bagless into the parks. On our upcoming trip we will have our 25 year old niece in tow, and I am wondering if she will need to bring her ID in addition to her magic band to purchase alcohol in the parks, or if the magic band somehow indicates over 21 to the cast member. This has never come up before because I am an old 49-year old hag where is not in question... :wave2:

On our upcoming trip we will have our 25 year old niece in tow, and I am wondering if she will need to bring her ID in addition to her magic band to purchase alcohol in the parks, or if the magic band somehow indicates over 21 to the cast member.
She will need to carry her physical id and present that upon request to purchase alcohol.

Our son and DiL were with us on our last trip.
They rarely were carded at kiosks, but were at every restaurant and lounge we went to.
She will need her photo ID.

You may want to bring your ID as well, just in case. I am of a similar age and there is ZERO question that I'm of age but in one of the wine shops in World Showcase a few weeks back there was a CM in training and she asked for my ID. It threw me for a loop just b/c it is so rare for me but it is the process... couldn't fault her for following it (I had my ID with me). Rare and the only time of, ahem, a few drink purchases that trip that I was asked for ID but it can happen. I do see younger people being carded much more frequently.

I always carry my ID.
Sometime the Magic Bands turn blue and if they do that a couple of times on the same entry, they reset it with a tablet and you need to show your ID. Better safe than not get in

Me, husband as well, got carded a couple of time at 34 years old...with our 3 kids tagging along...We had to use our passport since our ID are in french so pictures of passport on our phones were accepted. Maybe that could work for her...

You can never go wrong carrying your ID. My 63 yr old wife was carded last year in New Orleans so it is better safe than sorry. :)

Agree with others on here, always carry your ID if you want alcohol. If they ask & you don't have it, then you're out of luck.

Thanks everyone! She'll probably just pack her ID - better safe than sorry. I just wasn't sure if it was redundant, since the Bands were attached to our reservation, etc. Again, I've never thought much about it before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter