Magic Band Question

shortchange1026

Why is all the rum gone?? KUNGALOOSH!
If I book a package with hotel + tickets on the WDW website for 2019 and I choose to buy the different Magic Bands from the Disney Store web site, other than the ones they send you in your package how do you link the Magic Bands to your tickets?

You link them though MyDisneyExperience app. Once they are linked there, then they are linked no matter which MagicBands you use. If you don't want the MagicBands that they send you, no worries. There is a place to check off that you don't want new MagicBands. That is what we do since I have drawn on my MagicBand to make it "mine".

Go to your My Disney Experience account. Click "MagicBands and Cards" and then click "Link." There will be a number on the new MagicBand that you enter and then you assign it to someone.

Just FYI, you aren't linking MagicBands to tickets. You are linking them to your MDE profile.

Once a MagicBand is linked to your profile, it can access all the information in your MDE - tickets, FP, resort, etc. It's like a key to the door. That is why you can have multiple bands that work interchangeably for all purposes, the same way you can have multiple keys that open the same door. I have about 5 colors that I switch out depending on my mood that day!

Oh ok, thanks guys! We've only gone once with the Magic Bands and used the ones they issued us with our package. Was not sure how you used the other ones. Thanks for your help!

Tickets are linked to your MDE and magic bands are linked to your MDE. They are not linked directly to each other.
Use the code on the back of the band to link it to your MDE account.
Its very simple.

I am so confuseddddd........... I purchased a ticket for my son (coming later in the week, not on package) It says it is assigned to him on the ticket section of my MDE app. How do I apply it to a magicband or is it already??? Help I feel so stupid that I don't understand.

I am so confuseddddd........... I purchased a ticket for my son (coming later in the week, not on package) It says it is assigned to him on the ticket section of my MDE app. How do I apply it to a magicband or is it already??? Help I feel so stupid that I don't understand.
If you "see" his ticket in his or your MDX account, and you can "see" his MagicBand in his or your MDX account... he is all set.

It says it is assigned to him on the ticket section of my MDE app. How do I apply it to a magicband or is it already???

Just FYI, you aren't linking MagicBands to tickets. You are linking them to your MDE profile.

Jcmc, if you’ve put the tickets onto MDE, then the MB in his MDE profile will read the tickets. You’re done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter