Magic Band Shipping Change

tnolan

DIS Veteran
I was kind of curious as to why my Magic Band hadn't shipped yet when the customization deadline (Mar 29) had come and gone, so I asked someone on live chat on the website and they said Magic Bands now ship at 3 weeks instead of 4. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew, instead of getting anxious the way I was.

Meanwhile, we have a split stay and received a tracking number for magic bands for either our 5/8 check-in or our 5/11 check-in (so, 38-41 days or roughly 5-6 weeks out) and the date to make changes before for the first check-in is April 7 for the first check-in. I can't keep up with all of Disney's antics lately :badpc:

That must have just changed because we are two weeks out from our trip and have had our magic bands for almost 3 weeks.

That must have just changed because we are two weeks out from our trip and have had our magic bands for almost 3 weeks.

That would be in line with my experience- that they have shipped, as we are 5 weeks out from our arrival (38 days but who's counting). My guess is that it's yet again more wrong or inconsistent info was offered by a CM. It's unfortunate, but that happens more often than not.

I think it depends on just how busy they are. My guess is the company that does these has a constant workforce and they get behind for the busy times and catch up on the slower times. We got ours yesterday and arrive three weeks from Saturday.

My customizing deadline was the 31st and mine have already shipped with expected delivery tomorrow.

How do you know your customization deadline? Trying to customize today for our May 7th trio and I keep getting an error. I was hoping I still had a day or 2 left

How do you know your customization deadline? Trying to customize today for our May 7th trio and I keep getting an error. I was hoping I still had a day or 2 left
On My Disney Experience, it will show you a "customize by" date.
My trip begins on May 13 and I have to customize by April 12. If yours isn't showing a "customize by" date, it might be too late?

On My Disney Experience, it will show you a "customize by" date.
My trip begins on May 13 and I have to customize by April 12. If yours isn't showing a "customize by" date, it might be too late?

I figured it out with a search. I guess I was part of a glitch in mydisneyexperience. Found another post that said to check in your hotel first. Did the online checkin and then everthing is working properly. Just in under the wire. I have until tomorrow to complete my choices. Thanks for your reply.

I figured it out with a search. I guess I was part of a glitch in mydisneyexperience. Found another post that said to check in your hotel first. Did the online checkin and then everthing is working properly. Just in under the wire. I have until tomorrow to complete my choices. Thanks for your reply.
Glad you’ll get to customize them! :)

My customization date was I think April 2. I'm 4 weeks and 1 day away from the trip and I received tracking info at 5:00 this morning for their shipment.

We received ours today. :goodvibes We arrive on 4/27 for a quick trip split between BRV and the CR club level. Both sets of bands arrived in separate boxes; in the past they’ve arrived a few days apart if we’ve booked a split stay.

Nope. I don't think the information given to the OP is correct. I just received my MB today and I am 25 days from arrival, which means they sent it 4 weeks prior. I don't think that the "method" is quite so simple as them sending on a particular day. I think it's sent around a relative time period (4 weeks or so) before arrival. JMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter