Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

I finally gave up, and just ordered plain colored ones, I ordered some really cute decals from Magic my Band.
When they send out the bands, can someone tell me how do the send them, mail, ups, fed ex?

If you are really desperate for a specific magic band and willing to spend some cash
You can order it from the Disney store website and link it to your WDW reservation.

I paid $20 each on the My Disney Experience website to get us matching teal colored Magic Castle bands, instead of the standard upgraded $10 ones. The extra $20 was worth it to get a compromise of DH wanting a bluish color and DW wanting a pattern :)

https://www.shopdisney.com/search?q=magic+bands&lang=defaultPattern MB cost $25

I think a lot of us find the full priced ones over priced so the upgrade was (meant to be) a good way to upgrading for cheaper
Just poorly executed by Disney

I was just able to order all three of the bands I was looking for! Right now I saw the white castle band, teal castle band, Christmas, Figment, rainbow Mickey, red Minnie heads and dots, Thanos, Galaxy's Edge, Vampirina, POTC and all of the solid colors. I feel like there may be 1 or 2 more that I've forgotten

I'm just going to ask DH if he wants me to order him the Pluto band direct from shop Disney. I'm tired of checking every day for something he likes AND something I like. Since we are going in December I may just decline a band for myself and take the red puck out of my old red band and put it with the green strap from my old green band to make a "Christmassy" red/green band.

I managed to get us three that we wanted a couple months ago, but have been struggling to get some others for a later trip. They're not restocking these very well at all - unless their whole point now is to just try to offload the ones that aren't selling to us at a 'discount' so we think we're getting a deal?

Hey! Right now via the mobile website I was able to get the Mickey Halloween and Stitch Bands, they have some other options available currently that I haven't seen in a while. (I could not get the computer website magic band page to load, it said I didn't have permission to access it.)

I finally gave up, and just ordered plain colored ones, I ordered some really cute decals from Magic my Band.
When they send out the bands, can someone tell me how do the send them, mail, ups, fed ex?

Just got mine yesterday. Sent by regular mail (USPS) with a tracker on them. So I got an email this past Thursday that they had ship, tracking number, and expected delivery of 10/7. They came as promised. Mailman put them in my mailbox.

I'm so excited! I have been waiting for the It's a Small World band to pop back up and have had no luck. So today I went on to just order whatever they had and there it was!! I got the Small World, Stitch, and white/gold castle. They also had the Halloween band, Pluto, Vanelope, Star Wars, and a cute Minnie Mouse option.

Thanks!
I might as well give up then. Every time I find an upgrade for someone and try to pay, someone else’s is unavailable.
That has been my pain as well. Since we're going multiple times over the year, my strategy was to get plain ones if one of the rare ones that someone wanted showed up.

That has been my pain as well. Since we're going multiple times over the year, my strategy was to get plain ones if one of the rare ones that someone wanted showed up.
I just checked again and POTC shows up but is unavailable when I add it. DH says just get regular ones for free, I looked at him like he was crazy, LOL.

Seriously?? I just bit the bullet and ordered DH the band he wanted (it's his birthday trip) from shop Disney for full price plus shipping and WHAT DO I SEE AVAILABLE just now when I logged onto MDE for $10 and no shipping...magically available???????

I am not a happy mousketeer right now.

I'm so excited! I have been waiting for the It's a Small World band to pop back up and have had no luck. So today I went on to just order whatever they had and there it was!!

Same here! I was "this close" to ordering all plain ones, when lo and behold I saw the Small World one show up today. And my order for it went through! Yay for us!

Just got mine yesterday. Sent by regular mail (USPS) with a tracker on them. So I got an email this past Thursday that they had ship, tracking number, and expected delivery of 10/7. They came as promised. Mailman put them in my mailbox.
Thank you

Figment MB listed this morning and nope can't add it. Sold out! The snack one also popped up this morning and nope! Sold out!

Last edited:
I know Disney IT is not the greatest but you think they'd be able to just add a back order date for MBs, and then if it's not fulfilled by x date send an automated email "we're sorry but there's an issue with your order, please modify (insert upgraded MB) to one that is currently in stock"

I think the back order thing would cause a lot of headaches due to orders being canceled as they make you order everyones band at once. They either need to stock a lot more magic bands or limit how far in advance people can upgrade their magic bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter