Magic Bands, Family & Friends. Confused or getting old.....!

Balmacara

Earning My Ears
It is a few years since we have been so I may have forgotten how these things work! We are heading to AKV Kidani on 6 June 2020 and have two linked reservations as my daughter's boyfriend is is coming along this time. I ordered our (complimentary) Magic Bands last month and received the email confirmation. I do of course know that we will only receive these at check in on the 6th, however can anyone advise me when they will appear (as active) on My Disney Experience ? All our old bands appear there and I have now deactivated these to avoid confusion. I recall that in the past they appeared quite quickly to allow you to add tickets, make dinner reservations etc - but I could be wrong!

I also thought it would be easier this year to share the planning as the younger family members may wish to do their own thing. So as a test I clicked on "Share Planning with" my daughter and an invite was sent to her which she accepted. Strangely though she has now been moved from "We're Planning Together" to simply "Family and Friends" ! She can also only see her own personal details when logging in on her own account. .I thought she would be able to see all parties? I may have done something wrong here so any help would be appreciated.

You don't add your tickets to the bands, only to My Disney experience. Think of the bands as the means to access the information stored on MDE. There is no need to deactivate old bands as they are all able to be used interchangeably. I have several on my MDE account and will often use a different one each day. If your daughter wants to see all parties info, she will need to add them as friends through you (if you control their profiles).

Thanks. Yes of course - now it's coming back to me! I am still a bit confused about "sharing the planning" as following my daughter accepting my invite to do this she now appears on my Family & Friends list as "People I do not have plans with" - which really does not make any sense to me. Will have to get my daughter to check what she can do with her account.

I have been told a couple of times from DW CM and DW tech support that the mydisneyexperience functions better via a computer compared to an app on a phone.(less glitchy)

Either way, I hope you have a great trip!

when we all went together 2 years ago, it was easier for me to let my daughter and son control my MDE account rather than use their accounts in parallel...
everything was in my MDE, so they just went into my account (on their phones) using my password, so they could play with the fastpasses on the fly - this was while we were there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter