Magic Bands to not work for Park Admission until Hotel Check In Date?

Snuggly01

Earning My Ears
I have a Ft. Wilderness campsite reservation for Early Nov. I received my Magic Bands today (Set of 4).
I spoke to Disney Technical Support on the phone tonight and they mentioned the magicbands wont work until we check in.
I plan on using them to enter the park in Late Oct.
I currently have the magicbands tied to Park Tickets and showing them as active in My Disney Experience account.
Has anybody heard Magicbands not working for park admission if they are tied to a ticket regards of when the Hotel Reservation is?
I realize they wont work for purchases or door entry until my hotel reservation.
Thanks

I have a Ft. Wilderness campsite reservation for Early Nov. I received my Magic Bands today (Set of 4).
I spoke to Disney Technical Support on the phone tonight and they mentioned the magicbands wont work until we check in.
I plan on using them to enter the park in Late Oct.
I currently have the magicbands tied to Park Tickets and showing them as active in My Disney Experience account.
Has anybody heard Magicbands not working for park admission if they are tied to a ticket regards of when the Hotel Reservation is?
I realize they wont work for purchases or door entry until my hotel reservation.
Thanks
MagicBands are not tied to tickets.

They are linked to your MDX Profile and provide the link to all data in your Profile.

Your MBs are active and you can enter the parks by tapping your MB at the touchpoint now. The CM gave you incorrect info.

If the tickets are attached to your MDE then the Magic Band will work. I used a Convention Center ticket in August with a band that was chosen for our October 26th trip, it worked without any hiccups!

The Magic Band just accesses your MDE account. If it shows up on your MDE account, it is ready to be used.

Your tickets, though, have to be valid to enter at the end of October. It's good that you have stand-alone and not package tickets, since package tickets start when your package start. Do you have date-based tickets, or were they purchased before there were date-based tickes? If they are date-based, make sure they are valid for the entire period that you plan to visit WDW. If they were purchased before there were date-based tickets, you will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!