Magic Bands-What Do You Do With Them After Your Trip?

DISNEYSQUIRRELS

DIS Veteran
Our family has started to accumulate quite a few magic bands & I am wondering what people do with them once the trips are over? My kids are older, so using them as play props or anything like that is out.
I'm staring at all of these bands everyday & I can't bring myself to throw them away & at the same time I have no clue what to do with them. Does anyone have any creative ideas about what to do with Magic Bands?

I had 2 of every color before the new ones came out so I deactivated the older ones and threw them away. After the new ones came out I got two of them and bought a carabiner to switch one puck out to that. After that I started declining them. All my others just sit in a drawer at home until a trip. I take a couple of them with me and the one on the carabiner and switch them out. I tend to use one or two of my suitcases more than others so I do sometimes just leave one in a pocket of a suitcase all the time and it's just there if I need it.

We are semi-local and go frequently. We use to save them when they were newer - now, we unlink and toss. We also decline them unless we want a particular color, etc for an upcoming trip.

I struggle with this too, I don't want to toss them but I don't want to be a hoarder either. If you want to display them, there are tons of cute ideas on pinterest but if you just want to store them away more easily, I keep mine in a cardboard photo box in our bedroom closet.

I would save at least one for each family member (labeled as such) so just in case you make a last minute off site trip (where you might not receive new Magic Bands in time to make fastpass plus reservations).

Let the kids play Disney world in their room. They have a blast rebuying their stuff

Let the kids play Disney world in their room. They have a blast rebuying their stuff
I think this is a great idea for little kids, but my kids are teens/young adults. I can't decide if I would find it creepy or adorable if I saw them playing "Disney" in their rooms after a trip!

I think this is a great idea for little kids, but my kids are teens/young adults. I can't decide if I would find it creepy or adorable if I saw them playing "Disney" in their rooms after a trip!
I swear they have bought all the stuff we brought home 2 million times
Perhaps.. mine a 7 and 9 year old girls

I swear they have bought all the stuff we brought home 2 million times
Perhaps.. mine a 7 and 9 year old girls
So cute, 7 & 9 playing Disney & re-buying their souvenirs & reliving their trip!
My girls are 15 & 18, so I think I would be worried if I walked in on them playing...or I might play with them!

I throw them. I might keep these next ones for a shadow box, but I have absolutely no desire to keep them.

Which is one reason I hate MB - I think they are a huge waste. Give me back my key cards...and GET OFF MY LAWN!! ;)

I still have ours from 2016 but I lost the new ones from last year. I have searched and searched for them and cannot find them. I only want to find them so I can get our fit bit bands off of them lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter