Magic Bands With Canadian Tickets

JEakins

Earning My Ears
We just booked our stay for the start of May, it will be our first time staying on property and first time visiting as adults so we're really excited. I called Disney today to add a room request and inquire about getting magic bands early. I know they won't ship to Canada but we have a lot of family in the states who are willing to forward them to us.

The agent on the phone said if I change my MDE address to that of my cousin the band's will ship to that address and I can then change the address back to my actual canadian address. Being that we have Canadian resident tickets I just wanted to know if that would cause issues? Has anyone done this before?

Also to verify the reason we want the band's early aside from being big kids is our first day we are dropping luggage at Pop at 7am before heading to Poly for ADR at 8am and going to MK for the day from there. So we want to have access to our memory maker, fp, etc.

I don't see any issues with what you want to do regarding the address changes to have the bands shipped to you early. However, when I bought my set of Canadian resident tickets, I had to swing by guest relations to show Canadian ID, thus "activating/authenticating" the ticket before I could enter the parks. (Even though they showed up and were were linked to my magic band that I had from prior visits.. )

You may want to take this into account for your planning. The guest relation lines can be long...

I was under the impression they now ship to Canada? Is that not the case?

Last edited:

If you're planning on stopping at the resort to drop off your bags it really won't take that much longer to check in and get your magic bands at that time. If you have the dining plan you will need to do this anyway to make sure everything is all set to go and if you don't you'll want to attach a credit card to your account and set up your PIN so you can use your bands for charging. If you are worried about getting to the Poly in time for your breakfast you can always take an UBER or cab, won't cost much and you won't be panicking about getting where you need to be on time.

Have a BLAST being kids!!!

If you're planning on stopping at the resort to drop off your bags it really won't take that much longer to check in and get your magic bands at that time. If you have the dining plan you will need to do this anyway to make sure everything is all set to go and if you don't you'll want to attach a credit card to your account and set up your PIN so you can use your bands for charging. If you are worried about getting to the Poly in time for your breakfast you can always take an UBER or cab, won't cost much and you won't be panicking about getting where you need to be on time.

Have a BLAST being kids!!!
Will we be able to completely check in that early? We decided against the dining plan as it's such a short stay but would like to attach our credit card. Can that only be done at the resort or can that be done early using MDE if we have the magic bands at home?

Will we be able to completely check in that early? We decided against the dining plan as it's such a short stay but would like to attach our credit card. Can that only be done at the resort or can that be done early using MDE if we have the magic bands at home?
The day switches over at 6:00 am and we've checked in that early several times! I'm not sure if you can do that completely at home or not, someone else might know, but we prefer to do it at the front desk in person. Not paranoid, just sounds like it :P If you've made your ADR's you will already have a credit card attached to your account but we still like to make sure things are set to go properly.

Remember to bring your passports to the first park you are going on your trip. We forgot about that since most everything is pre-planned online in advance, we didn't think about that until we arrive at the gate. Our magicband didn't let us in and we had to go to guest relation and then had to go back to our room to get the passports, went back to the park, show then the passports, then finally we could get in the park. Good think we were staying at Boardwalk and wasn't too long of a walk to go back and forth between the resort and the international gateway at Epcot..

Remember to bring your passports to the first park you are going on your trip. We forgot about that since most everything is pre-planned online in advance, we didn't think about that until we arrive at the gate. Our magicband didn't let us in and we had to go to guest relation and then had to go back to our room to get the passports, went back to the park, show then the passports, then finally we could get in the park. Good think we were staying at Boardwalk and wasn't too long of a walk to go back and forth between the resort and the international gateway at Epcot..
I added Disney Springs to our check in day itinerary so that we can activate our tickets with passports. I really want to avoid bringing our passports to the park. I'm paranoid about losing them!

If you're planning on stopping at the resort to drop off your bags it really won't take that much longer to check in and get your magic bands at that time.

Will we be able to completely check in that early?

In December 2016, we were coming from the cruise so got to the hotel about 10:30 am. Our room wasn't ready but we were able to check in, get our bands, drop our luggage off with bell services and head to the parks. We weren't activating Canadian tickets or an AP so that wasn't an issue, but you can certainly check in fully otherwise. It wasn't our first trip there so we had PIN numbers already registered from prior visits and declined to change the number but you can set it up at the same time - it only takes a few seconds. We couldn't have our room number texted to us because of Canadian cell phones. When we were ready to come back to the hotel, we just went to the front desk and they gave us our room number before we picked up our bags from bell services.

Last edited:
We changed my address to my mom's address in Florida, as we were going there before Orlando. Our MBs were shipped there. We had no issues with using our Canadian resident tickets when we arrived. Just showed our passports at GS the first day.

I believe they require a passport or equivalent like a Nexus card. I never read a report that they could use their driving license but I might be wrong.

Will a driver's license not work as proof of Canadian residency? Or do they require a Canadian passport?
I certainly hope you can use a driver's license.
It just said proof of Canadian Residency.
One of the travelers in my group has a US Passport but resides in Canada. She will have to use her Driver's license to prove her residency.

I certainly hope you can use a driver's license.
It just said proof of Canadian Residency.
One of the travelers in my group has a US Passport but resides in Canada. She will have to use her Driver's license to prove her residency.

Idk how strict Disney is but a license generally wouldn't be enough to prove residency on its own. If she has it I would bring permanent residency card or maybe landed immigrant papers. Again license might be enough for Disney, I'd call ahead to be sure though.

A passport doesn't prove you're a Canadian resident. Plenty of non-residents with Canadian passports.

I would check in after you drop off luggage and pick up bands. Desk shouldn’t be busy at that time of morning.
At DL I totally forgot to bring my passport to park for ticket, and they accepted my Drivers licence! But DL has a totally different system, you don’t have to go to Guest Relations, everything is done at turnstile.
At WDW I went to Guest Relations my arrival night, passport in hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter