Magic Bands

Tony Toon

DIS Veteran
A busy few weeks for us. DD gets married on Saturday then we have a family visit to WDW planned to celebrate my 60th in 25 days time. There are 8 of us on two bookings staying at SSR (one Studio and one 2 bed villa) with free DDP and the $200 gift card. DH and I have done this many times in the past and have always been able to order customised Magic Bands through MDE with our choice of colour and names for pick up when we check in. Must be being stupid this year as I just can't see where to do this. Anyone got any hints? DH and I have multiple bands that we can link our tickets to but other party members haven't been for 10 years and it would be nice for them to have personalised ones rather than the grey ones that you can pick up at reception.

Mrs TT

I think you might have missed the cut off point for choosing a coloured band I’m afraid. If you go into My Disney Experience (not app but website), you should see magic bands and be able to click on them. Mine are now allocated (so have number). Previously I could pick colours but can’t now and I’m also at 25 days.

I think you might have missed the cut off point for choosing a coloured band I’m afraid. If you go into My Disney Experience (not app but website), you should see magic bands and be able to click on them. Mine are now allocated (so have number). Previously I could pick colours but can’t now and I’m also at 25 days.
Thank you. We just didn't ever have the option to choose and customise bands on the website (or the app) this year. We've always done it from the website in the past. Just wondering if our Annual Passes have confused the issue somewhat. Previously we haven't had valid APs and UK tickets on our account at the same time. Reckon I'm probably too late as well but will phone tomorrow. When we have chosen bands for our Annual Passes over in Orlando in previous years they have been delivered within 10 days.

Mrs TT

You can definitely still do it. Mine have been playing up and today is the first day I have been able to see the option. I suspect the issues with Disney's IT have interfered.

You can definitely still do it. Mine have been playing up and today is the first day I have been able to see the option. I suspect the issues with Disney's IT have interfered.

Thanks Wilma. Had spotted when I was out and about earlier today that it looked like it was possible on the app so got onto it when I got home and bingo - first time we've been able to see the option as well. Perfect timing given that we only have 12 days to go.

Liz (Mrs TT)

Annual passes magic bands can't be ordered in advance so this could be messing up what you can see yes. If you are however trying to look for the ones for the Annual Pass they can be picked up from Liberty Square ticket office in Magic Kingdom though - not personalised but they have a number of colours. We got ours there last week and they had 6 different colours (not the whole range).

The other people in your party may see the customise option - have you checked?

Annual passes magic bands can't be ordered in advance so this could be messing up what you can see yes. If you are however trying to look for the ones for the Annual Pass they can be picked up from Liberty Square ticket office in Magic Kingdom though - not personalised but they have a number of colours. We got ours there last week and they had 6 different colours (not the whole range).
The other people in your party may see the customise option - have you checked?

Thank you. We were able to order our bands 2 weeks before our trip and they were waiting for us when we arrived on Saturday. In the past we have had AP personalised bands delivered to our hotel and to the villa we were staying in. Good to know you can pick them up from the Liberty Square ticket office as well.

Mrs TT

Thank you. We were able to order our bands 2 weeks before our trip and they were waiting for us when we arrived on Saturday. In the past we have had AP personalised bands delivered to our hotel and to the villa we were staying in. Good to know you can pick them up from the Liberty Square ticket office as well.

Mrs TT

Yeah we were told you couldn't customise the band til after you picked up the tickets and that we may have had time to get them delivered to hotel but they may take up to 3 weeks. It seemed easier to just get them rather than worrying about them not turning up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts