Magic Bands

Lanney

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I have Magicbands from 2015 and 2017, will they still work in the park or should I order new ones?

The 2017 should definitely still work. The 2015 may or may not work. There is an internal battery that does eventually die. If you are staying on-site I'd take the free ones anyway. If not, you should be fine with the old ones.

They will both work for touchpoints, like FP and park entry. The older one likely won’t work for long-range functions like automatic on-ride photos.

Hello all!

I have Magicbands from 2015 and 2017, will they still work in the park or should I order new ones?
If you don’t care about ride photos or videos linking to your MDX app, your old MBs will be fine for park entrance and FP lines.

If you need those photos, you’ll need more current MBs.

I'm glad I asked! Thank you all. I'm not staying onsite but I like how easy it is to use the Magic Bands and we will be using Photopass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!