Magic Bands

I live in Wisconsin. :)
Interesting. No idea then.

We booked our (first Covid stay) room only for Nov 16 check-in at GDT on 9/17. I just completed the order for ours this past weekend and they are shipping to our home (in PA).

I've never had past stays (pre-Covid) not ship to our home either.

...The lead guest will see a notification in the My Disney Experience web site saying they shipped and the USPS tracking number. ...
I should clarify... The lead guest will see the notification on the "desktop" web site, not the mobile web site. When you go to the desktop web site and sign in, up to where it says "welcome Your Name"... Will be a red box with a number when there is a notification.

Here is an example of the notification text... see the attached... (The notification was available to me this morning. We placed the order for our bands on Sunday afternoon).
20200930_083327.jpg

This morning, I decided to edit my Magic Band order to see if I could have it sent to my house instead. It still says to pick my MB up at the front desk on MDE, but I received an email saying it will be shipped to my house. Hopefully it will :)

Thank you. I’m surprised the bands batteries aren’t replaceable since they push saving the environment. Guess selling new bands trumped environmental concerns on this one.

Thank you. I’m surprised the bands batteries aren’t replaceable since they push saving the environment. Guess selling new bands trumped environmental concerns on this one.
Yes, I'd love to be able to replace the battery, or even just buy an icon without a strap (since they sell Magic Keepers separately).

But not having a removable battery could be a size and waterproofing concern.

To be able to replace the battery means they have to allow room in the band design to account for a mechanism for a removable battery door. So the icon with the transmitters would have to be much larger to have the "latches, grooves, etc" or screws, etc.

The bands are waterproof, so you can swim with them or not worry about water getting in during a summer rain storm. Adding that battery door, seals, etc. and keeping the ICON waterproof would also be a size challenge, plus if a user takes it apart to replace the battery, they have to be careful to properly seal it so water can't get in. Do it wrong, you kill the band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!