Magic Candle Company deliver to Canada

Canadave

DIS Veteran
Has anyone in Canada ordered from the Magic Candle Company? If so, what were the delivery charges....shipping and duties? These candles sound awesome and I'm thinking about a LOT of birthday/Christmas gifts!!!

I’be started a few orders over the last few months, but always ended up stopping when the shipping costs would appear. My most recent attempt, with the 15% coupon, was an order around 80US$. The cost for shipping was 39US$. I found that to be just too expensive. I don’t know if candles are subject to import taxes and duties.

thanks Marc, that does seem a lot, but then again, it is international shipping. Not 100% sure, but I'm assuming there will be some sort of duty or tax. That's why I asked lol

The shipping is the same for Australia, which while still high, i can understand given you have to cross literal oceans (and the equator!) to get here, but to get to Canada, $39 is insane!

I started making my own and opened an etsy shop for this very reason! I am not sure if it's allowed or not but I can send you a link of you like.

sure, I assume that you are in Canada...I'd really like to support the Magic Candle Company, but the shipping costs to Canada make it prohibitive. I don't blame them as I am a business owner and I know shipping costs are ridiculous, especially across the border!

Shipping rates are crazy.
I sent a dm with a link. I didn't want post it in the event it's against the guidelines here. I am still learning the Disboards ropes.

I order some for my wife's birthday, and the shipping was a lot! But when it arrived I also had to pay more than $30 duty fees, which totally sucks! But they do smell great! Next time I may have to have them shipped down to WDW, if that were possible.

I’ve ordered some wax melts from them in the past. To echo what everyone else has been saying, the shipping costs make the order’s total cost pretty crazy... can’t order these things all the time as the cost of shipping to me in Alberta is a bit extreme for just scented products. Shipping via standard post might bring the cost down a bit more reasonably but I’ve noticed almost everywhere that shipping to Canada from the US gets ridiculously overpriced.

Hi , I just wanted to thank all of you who posted a message on this board. I was just about to order when I saw that they were possible duty and export fees. If not for all of you I would have ordered and I would’ve had a bad surprise upon receiving the products here in Canada Thank you very much

i splurged and bought a dozen candles and oils at the height of our quarantine. shipping fees plus duty to montreal came to almost 60$.

not sure what i was thinking there but would not order again due to these restrictive fees. I am an ebay seller and that is not a normal shipping cost from canada to us.

i splurged and bought a dozen candles and oils at the height of our quarantine. shipping fees plus duty to montreal came to almost 60$.

not sure what i was thinking there but would not order again due to these restrictive fees. I am an ebay seller and that is not a normal shipping cost from canada to us.
Thanks for your reply ...we live in the same city.... Despite the high cost would you say that it was worth it. I almost ordered some a month ago, because I was sad after canceling my first ever trip to Disneyland..... I am still thinking about buying a special Christmas theme scent item for the holidays... Take care of yourself

Even the domestic shipping is a little pricey.

Agree. I ordered a bunch of the magic hand sanitizer and they charged me $11 to ship.

And, if I were just to order one indiviudal bottle of the hand sanitizer, the shipping would have cost more than the actual product itself. (He charges $7.95 for a 2 oz container).

I think the shipping is pricey and the prices for the products are a little steep but they are worth it IMO

We ordered some to New Zealand last year, the shipping was $13 for ten oils which we were happy with, but shortly afterward they removed shipping to New Zealand altogether. When I contacted them about it they said the shipping cost more than the website was charging. Since then I’ve offered to pay more and at this point I’m practically begging them to allow me to place an order but they now don’t reply to me at all.

Must be nice to be so successful that you can afford to just ignore people who want to give you money!

If we have to pay duties for Canada, then the product is not manufactured in the US. Strange...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!