Magic Candle Company

I think you'd be hard pressed to find ANY retailer who willingly posts negative reviews on their own website, and as a consumer, i wouldn't expect them to. Why would they? How does that make any business sense?
If i want reviews, i always go to an unbiased third party site.

I have to admit. I was a monthly subscriber to the box of the month club until recently. My reason for discontinuing is quite simple, price and quality. I can find much better as well as cheaper candles at Walmart or Target. Also, we are all entitled to our opinions, but when a company has the option of leaving a review and seems to not publish low reviews, I get suspicious.

I believe there was a thread on the Budget Board started with a few users posting their PERSONAL opinions of scents they received. Both positive & negative. I myself ordered 4 different oils that all had glowing 5-star reviews and I wasn't thrilled with any of them. One I actually ended up just throwing away. I see now that they "reimagined" the scent so maybe it was getting many more negative reviews than the company actually posted. Who knows? However, I decided to give the company the benefit of the doubt because I can't resist diffuser oils and I thought maybe I just got a batch I didn't like. So I just ordered 4 different ones to try out. If I don't care for them again, I'm done with the company.

Tying this post back in to some previous ones, it does turn me off that even "middle of the road" reviews aren't being posted. Scents are very personal and not everyone is going to enjoy the same ones. I appreciate knowing other people's experiences with their products, both good & bad.

There is another company that makes amazing Disney/Harry Potter/Game of Thrones/other pop-culture inspired candles that I love so I'll stick with them in the future. Unfortunately, they just don't make oils....yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter