Magic @ Disney ASM

arthur_fowler

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We passed up a great deal on BWLBV to experience the "Magic" of a Disney resort. Our budget was limited and the grandchildrens favourite was Disney ASM.

What can we do to maximise the "Magic" ?

Where is the best place to stay in ASM?

fyi.

Our Grandchildren are G9 B7. Boys favourite it Toy Story.

We are staying in April (2 rooms) for 4 nights/5days.

Thanks
Arthur:pinkbounc :bounce:

Toy Story buildings at All Star Movies are a good location. Close to bus stops, food court and the Fanatsia pool.

I love All-Star Movies so I have to feel you made a good choice. If you haven't already, call back to CRO and ask them to make a note on your reservation requesting one of the Toy Story buildings. Both kids (especially GS) should love them. We stayed in the Woody building last year (though this year we are trying for Dalmations).

Take some time to enjoy the pool.
Get a Mickey wake up call and let the kids answer the phone.
Hope for a fun mousekeeper who will leave surprises (make sure to leave the kids toys out on the bed/table).
Order pizza using the pizza button on the phone.
If you are soda/coffee drinkers, buy refillable mugs.
Watch Belle's bedtime stories on TV if the kids are interested.
Take time to play in Andy's bedroom and sit in RC (Toy Story) or visit the Dalmation building.
Catch one of the first busses to the park (if you are planning to start early) so that you can be among the first at the gates.
Stop by the food court for ice cream sundaes before heading back at night.

Just a few of my favorites...hope you enjoy your Movie experience.

17 days 'til our return to the Movies!!!

Thanks for the advice........ really looking forward to it.

Can we request a specific building (Toy Story) through CRO given that we have booked through our agent (Australian Airline QANTAS)????

If so............. is Toy Story a convenient building?

Thanks Again
Arthur

If you are dealing with a specific agent, I would talk to him/her and have them note it. Same if there is anyone at Quantas you can talk to. If not, you might try calling CRO (if it is convenient for you from there) as they may be able to access it for you, though I don't know this for sure. Otherwise, fax in your request 3 days before your trip.

Toy Story is very convenient. In fact, I think some parts of it are closer to the buses/food court than the preferred (Fantasia) buildings. Toy Story is the second closest building to the main pool.

I've stayed at BWLBV and ASMo and I think you will be very happy with ASMo! The DD hotels have more room amenities, but the AS are so much more fun!!!!!!! We were in Toy Story (bldg.9), on the quiet side, and first floor. It is a very short walk to the pool, food court, bus stops. I think being on the ground floor made it seem even closer.You will LOVE this resort!!! My best tip for you is to have an adult go to the food court very early in the morning (6:30) and bring back some food on a tray. Then have everyone ready to get the first bus (be there early!) to the park. Have a great time!!!! If you rent a car , be at the parks 45 minutes before opening.

Susy,

Thanks for the advice...............we will have a hire car at ASMo but was wondering what would the best way to get around. i.e. do we use the Disney Transportation buses from ASMo or use the hire car?

Thanks
Arthur

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!