"Magic is about deception," Eisner told NEWSWEEK

This will likely get moved, but...
Only speaking for myself here, but for us the Magic has been doing fine over Eisner's tenure at Disney.
I think folks get caught up in the business hype and negativity way too much, and forget to simply have fun while at WDW.
If you read the Rumors & News Board, you would think the entire Disney Company has super-novad. The R & N forum has some of the most knowledgeable folks about Disney hat can be found, but most of them are simply major pessimists.

I will still have great trips to WDW, and yes, we will indeed feel the Magic.

-- Just my opinion. :cool:

MG

Let's see... the investment community is mad at Michael (big problem for him) and the customers are carping about "the Magic being gone" (annoying to an ego like his, but not threatening)...the investment community will eventually win out and he will be replaced with a person that has no earthly knowledge or desire to "restore the magic" only to increase shareowner value.

Face the facts...Disney is a big company whatever 'changes' one may or may not think have happen are a result of the people that work within the company and the society within which the company operates...not the CEO/Chairman.

A Michael replacement will only be interested in shareowner value. This will not be good for DVC owners unless they are interested in helping to increase overall Disney shareowner value by paying more and getting less. Mark my words.

Well, on reading this article and Eisner's comments, it seems Eisner is more of a realist than an idealist. He's not in the wrong business--just the wrong company. Personally, being an idealist myself, the magic doesn't go for me just because of Eisner. Yet his existence within Disney seems fundamentally wrong.

BTW--DerbyVacationClubber
What you said had occurred to me at some point--but I think a certain element of idealism is needed in order to deliver a product to the customers (which in turn will lead to happiness with the shareholders). This is a long-term question of value.

Comes back to maybe it is time for WDW and the other park properties and resorts to be spun off as a separate business from the Hollywood mogol mentality

thanks
jaysue

I don't mind if you guys don't mind but um theres already a thread like 6 subjects down about the same issue..with the same title :)

but im happy if you guys are happy :wave:

The R & N forum has some of the most knowledgeable folks about Disney hat can be found, but most of them are simply major pessimists.

im know im not one of the knowledgeable folks but i just wanted to say...for the record....whomever may be keeping it.....that i am a realist and not a pessimist and i believe many disney apologists are overly optimistic. let the flaming begin :smooth:

::MickeyMo "Well hi there everybody!"

It seems like Eisner has traded off some of the magic for a lot of the profits.

So perhaps, in purely corporate terms, Eisner is the right man for the job.

But in emotional, heart warming terms, he's anything but.

Although I never experienced them, the idea of repairmen roaming the parks at night to fix even the tiniest imperfection and the reverse sides of ride scenery being just as grand as the forward is magical to me, as is the gold paint and real leather reigns.

That being said, I do recognise the need for a money making core.

Every time I think of Disney, I know that the magic is still there - it still possesses that mystique, that dream like quality that I always wished it to. It would just be nice if it could be just that little bit more magical, I guess :(

:( Once upon a time, a company could do both

Rich::

yellowsmall.jpg
purplesmall.jpg
greensmall.jpg
pinksmall.jpg
yellowsmall.jpg

greensmall.jpg
pinksmall.jpg
yellowsmall.jpg
purplesmall.jpg
greensmall.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter