Magic Keepers

ebenmax

DIS Veteran
We our headed to WDW in March for the first time using the second version of the Magic Band. I’ve seen cute Magic Keepers with Minnie and Mickey heads but can’t seem to locate them on the internet. I’ve seen some on Etsy but wanted the official Disney ones. Are they only available in the parks/on property?

Thank you!

They sell them on the shop Disney website.

Honestly though I never used it after I bought it.
Its just much more convenient to me to have it on my wrist.
For my next trip I am going to purchase a smart watch puck holder from Etsy because I wear a fitbit and don't care for having a magic band on one wrist and fitbit on the other and I don't find it comfortable to wear both on one wrist.

The Disney shop still has the ones that look like Mickey but I haven’t seen the Minnie ones recently. https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-magickeepers-lanyard-medal-1428100

I can only imagine that they didn’t sell that well... because if they had they would be expanding the selection not decreasing it...

Thank you!
I saw the Mickey one on shopdisney but it says “sold out.” Does anyone know if they still can be found on property or have seen them recently?

They sell them on the shop Disney website.

Honestly though I never used it after I bought it.
Its just much more convenient to me to have it on my wrist.
For my next trip I am going to purchase a smart watch puck holder from Etsy because I wear a fitbit and don't care for having a magic band on one wrist and fitbit on the other and I don't find it comfortable to wear both on one wrist.

Thank you!
I’m sure I will use one because I am really sensitive to frequencies. I always attached my Magic Band to something else and was excited for this new option! I hope they aren’t discontinuing them.

Thank you!
I saw the Mickey one on shopdisney but it says “sold out.” Does anyone know if they still can be found on property or have seen them recently?

Your right it is sold out. Other then eBay I don’t know what to tell you. I’d probably just buy off of eBay.

We our headed to WDW in March for the first time using the second version of the Magic Band. I’ve seen cute Magic Keepers with Minnie and Mickey heads but can’t seem to locate them on the internet. I’ve seen some on Etsy but wanted the official Disney ones. Are they only available in the parks/on property?

Thank you!
I used the plain oval one with the carabiner last August.
I kept it clipped to my belt and it was easier to unsnap the carabiner and mash Mickey's face on the sensor than to try to manipulate my wrist to the sensor and my fingerprint digit into the slot while sitting in an ECV or standing up leaning on a cane.

I used the plain oval one with the carabiner last August.
I kept it clipped to my belt and it was easier to unsnap the carabiner and mash Mickey's face on the sensor than to try to manipulate my wrist to the sensor and my fingerprint digit into the slot while sitting in an ECV or standing up leaning on a cane.

I have mine on a retractable carabiner, so I either clip it to my belt loop or purse strap, depending on what I am wearing, and I don't even have to unclip it to use it, I just pull it out toward the sensor and then it retracts back in place. I personally prefer it to using a MB.

I have mine on a retractable carabiner, so I either clip it to my belt loop or purse strap, depending on what I am wearing, and I don't even have to unclip it to use it, I just pull it out toward the sensor and then it retracts back in place. I personally prefer it to using a MB.

The one thing I noted when they came out with the magic keepers is that they didn’t have any with a retractable carabiner. I sort of thought if they were going come out with them they would have that feature!
We got something similar to the Magic Keepers but called Magic Band Buddies. They are made of a good solid plastic material - bdiproducts . com

How did you like them? Did they work well? Did you feel like the puck was secure? They look wonderful and I’m thinking of getting them for myself and DD...

Last edited:
How did you like them? Did they work well? Did you feel like the puck was secure? They look wonderful and I’m thinking of getting them for myself and DD...
They worked great. Bigger than I expected but still good. They come with a small carabineer and a retractable holder. ImI planning on getting one for myself before our next trip.

I have also purchased a few from bdi. They worked great! I agree that it was so easy to hold the puck up to the "Mickey" scanner when doing fastpass or making purchases. If you do decide to order from them, I suggest you also get the 00 screwdriver that they offer as well. It's the proper size for the teeny tiny nearly microscopic screws on the back of your magic band.

I have also purchased a few from bdi. They worked great! I agree that it was so easy to hold the puck up to the "Mickey" scanner when doing fastpass or making purchases. If you do decide to order from them, I suggest you also get the 00 screwdriver that they offer as well. It's the proper size for the teeny tiny nearly microscopic screws on the back of your magic band.
We have a bunch of tech screwdrivers laying around so I didn't buy the screw driver. However if you don't have those laying around I would suggest buying one. An eyeglass screwdriver would work too.

I just ordered a purple one off eBay. I had a rash all over my arm on my last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter