Magic Kingdom dinner day-need ideas

Prince & Princess

Earning My Ears
We are going in October, and have 2 teenagers and 2 adults. Nothing in Magic Kingdom sounds very appealing for us as a dinner option, so we are thinking about hitting one of the MK area resorts for dinner.

So far I'm torn between Grand Floridian Cafe and Whispering Canyon. We will be on the dining plan, so cost isnt really a factor. Kids think I've already over-planned everything (a. teenagers and b. they havent seen anything yet lol) so they don't really have a preference. They don't eat fish but will eat pretty much anything else.

Anyone have any recommendations or experiences they'd like to share? thanks in advance :)

Do they like characters? How about Chef Mickey? That would be the easiest to get to from MK. It's a buffet so lots of choices.

Do they like characters? How about Chef Mickey? That would be the easiest to get to from MK. It's a buffet so lots of choices.

They're a bit old for characters I think, and we've had Chef Mickey in the past and weren't that impressed by the food. Atmosphere was fun but I think they are past that age :(

Here are my dining takeaways. If you're on the plan especially, Snow White is a huge value—a multi-course character dining on 1 credit. The food tends to get mixed reviews, with some loving some dishes and some being unimpressed, but there's enough variety that it's probably an overall plus. And if you want to stay in the park, I think Skipper Canteen might have been the best value-for-money we found anywhere!

'Ohana is my choice. It's a must do for us every time. If you don't mind spending 2 credits, Narcoosee's is a great option also. I know there are several other fine dining restaurants in the MK area, but Narcoosee's is my favorite.

Would you consider the Hoop Dee Do?

If your plan was to return to MK I would stay in the park; Pecos Bill, Skipper's or The Plaza.

Never too old for characters! My 14 year olds love character buffets.

I’d look at the Wave or Ohana.

Grand Floridian Cafe is really good with a much better atmosphere than the Wave (which also has good food). Kona for dinner was a one and done with my family, and the menu at Whispering Canyon doesn’t appeal to us.

Regarding character meals, you know your family better than us. I’m an adult and love character meals, but they’re pricey (often with food people find just ok) if you and yours aren’t into the experience.

I second Grand Floridian Cafe. I've never had a bad meal there, or trouble getting a reservation. It's usually nice and quiet, and it's on the monorail line so should be easily accessible.

If you decide on GFC, take the boat there because the resort monorail will make every stop along the way. Returning back, MK will be the first stop on the monorail.

The Wave is walking distance, so that would be my choice for both time-efficiency and food quality if nothing in MK appeals. The decor is nothing special--generic hotel-modern--but does that matter in this case?

Is Skipper Canteen totally out of the running? I like it best of all the 1TS places in The MK area. Fun theming and interesting menu and you don't have to leave the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter