Magic Kingdom for 3.75 year old

so don't feel like you did Disney wrong if you don't go.

This is probably the best advice.

Regardless of my advice or someone else's, don't feel like you did Disney wrong. Collect information, collect other people's experiences but only you know your child and your family. Use the information to what makes sense for you.

I haven't read all the replies, but if you don't think your child can stay up for fireworks, don't worry about missing them. My son doesn't handle loud noises well. He's 7 now, and we have seen illuminations twice in 6 trips. That's all the fireworks we've done. We watched MK fireworks from a pirate cruise, never from the park.

I love fireworks, but you can't do everything and you need to do what works for your family. There are plenty of other fun things in the park.

Update: my family was good for about 3-4 hours in the park, as I expected. We are not long park day people - lol! I wish it was otherwise...

My 4 year old loved the teacups, dumbo, the speedway, Aladdin’s carpets. Bored by inside rides and “big rides” like Splash, Barnstormer, etc. were not entertained by my cautious boy.

We did enchanted tales with Belle and he was Chip - I melted, he may have been indifferent. At AK we did festival of the lion king and this held his attention. The safari and MK fireworks (which we amazingly were able to hang on for) and MK parade he was indifferent to.

Basically, if he could have just rode teacups, dumbo and gone to the arcade at the resort he would have been happy. He just asked the other day when could we go back to DW so he could go to the arcade :) We had a great trip.

Last year when we went my daughter was 3.5. She loved all rides except barnstormer- she cried when we got off of it so we didn’t try any other roller coasters. She also loved characters except Pluto and chip and dale. She said it was because they were boys however she didn’t have a problem with Donald or Mickey 🙄 thats 3 year old logic I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️ We did not do fireworks because she hated them at home for the 4th of July and New Years. We asked her if she wanted to see them and she said no so we didn’t press her. This year we were supposed to go in April but just rescheduled for October so we are planning to do the fireworks at MNSSHP but we will see how she does.

What interests your son now? I would let him look at videos of rides and see what he reacts to and also check ride requirements. Maybe look at Small World, Pooh, people mover. We took our kids at 11 and 6 and we just went with the flow of our 6 year old if he didn’t want to ride something and his sister did, dh took her and we waited and we still had a great time. We did stay longer than 4 hours I think from rope drop till about 5 then went back to the room, ate and rested. We went back later for fireworks. BUT they are now 24/20 😂

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter