Magic Kingdom Mini Portrait - Professional Photography

DWeav

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is talked about much on here, but wanted to pass this along. I noticed on Disney's site that they do professional photography in Magic Kingdom and have for awhile now. Although, I swear I looked into this when we went in October of 2016 and found that they went to Epcot and the resorts, but not Magic Kingdom. (or maybe they did and the price was out of this world for us)

Anywho, now they do a mini session for $195 (15 minute shoot) using Cinderella Castle as the backdrop.

We just signed up for an afternoon session in June. We are a family of 4, a son and a daughter. They said we can do pictures together and separate, etc.

Wasn't sure where the location was in Magic Kingdom until we booked and then they sent as an email with a map pointing out the exact spot. Obviously you can see the star on the map, but their description in the email was "....head down Main Street and follow the walkway to the right of the castle. Proceed onto the walkway that is closest to the castle that heads towards Fantasyland. The Portrait location is a short way along that walkway to the right hand side."

We also asked about if there was rain, what we could do. They setup a raindate, for another day that we will be in Disney (later on in the trip).

I didn't think the price was too crazy, as we had pictures done where we lived by a professional photographer for more than the cost of this. Granted they used a few different backdrops and had a longer sitting, but this sounded great for us. The wife has been on me about getting professional pictures of our 1 year old (as we had some done for our 6 year old girl when she was about that age). So she is thrilled.

Here is their website showing a map of where they do the pictures:
http://disneyfineartphotography.com/portraits/enhanced-mini-portraits.php

Has anyone done this and liked/disliked the results?

Collage 2018-01-17 12_33_33.jpg Yes you get the digital photos in that price. We did it last year for spring break. The park is open but obviously not super busy. We were able to avoid having people in the background for most of our pics. Here's some examples.

Last edited:

I love the idea of this for my family, but.....if there is no guarantee that you will not have randoms in your picture, it is not worth $195 for only 15 minutes, IMO.

I love the idea of this for my family, but.....if there is no guarantee that you will not have randoms in your picture, it is not worth $195 for only 15 minutes, IMO.
No there's no guarantee - they do try to avoid it when they take the pics. We did the $400 photo session at Epcot and then you are guaranteed that no one will be in your photos since you are in the world showcase before it opens. That's an hour long session and totally worth it IMO.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me! @scrappingbuckeye git some great shots. If they use the same area often (and it sounds like they do), they already know what their best angles are, so you can get a lot done in 15 minutes. This may make my list for our next trip.......thanks all for the info!!

No there's no guarantee - they do try to avoid it when they take the pics. We did the $400 photo session at Epcot and then you are guaranteed that no one will be in your photos since you are in the world showcase before it opens. That's an hour long session and totally worth it IMO.

We did this too. I agree totally worth it. We got some great photos from that session.

We have this booked for the fall. Castle time was 7:30am. We opted to go to GF (mom’s wish) and a slightly later time. They will basically do what you want.

Has anyone else had this session done and can share the results? My DH and I had the mini session done at the Poly in 2013 for our engagement photos (MK wasn't an option then)and were very happy with the results for the price. I would love to have family pictures/photos of my DD done when we are there for her first trip in Oct.

Not sure if this is talked about much on here, but wanted to pass this along. I noticed on Disney's site that they do professional photography in Magic Kingdom and have for awhile now. Although, I swear I looked into this when we went in October of 2016 and found that they went to Epcot and the resorts, but not Magic Kingdom. (or maybe they did and the price was out of this world for us)

Anywho, now they do a mini session for $195 (15 minute shoot) using Cinderella Castle as the backdrop.

We just signed up for an afternoon session in June. We are a family of 4, a son and a daughter. They said we can do pictures together and separate, etc.

Wasn't sure where the location was in Magic Kingdom until we booked and then they sent as an email with a map pointing out the exact spot. Obviously you can see the star on the map, but their description in the email was "....head down Main Street and follow the walkway to the right of the castle. Proceed onto the walkway that is closest to the castle that heads towards Fantasyland. The Portrait location is a short way along that walkway to the right hand side."

We also asked about if there was rain, what we could do. They setup a raindate, for another day that we will be in Disney (later on in the trip).

I didn't think the price was too crazy, as we had pictures done where we lived by a professional photographer for more than the cost of this. Granted they used a few different backdrops and had a longer sitting, but this sounded great for us. The wife has been on me about getting professional pictures of our 1 year old (as we had some done for our 6 year old girl when she was about that age). So she is thrilled.

Here is their website showing a map of where they do the pictures:
http://disneyfineartphotography.com/portraits/enhanced-mini-portraits.php

Has anyone done this and liked/disliked the results?

Curious if you ever ended up doing this?

Curious if you ever ended up doing this?
I did this for my DD's first trip last October. She was 10 months at the time. We were very happy with the results. We knew it was going to be challenging because DD got very serious, or "stone faced" as we called it, around photographers. She was grumpy that morning and we thought it was going to be a total flop. While we didn't get tons of smiles, we got some gorgeous shots of just the baby and family shots too. The photographer and assistant were both great and the location was perfect. When my friend saw our pictures, she booked a session for her son's first trip in November and hers came out beautiful as well. I highly recommend it!

I did this for my DD's first trip last October. She was 10 months at the time. We were very happy with the results. We knew it was going to be challenging because DD got very serious, or "stone faced" as we called it, around photographers. She was grumpy that morning and we thought it was going to be a total flop. While we didn't get tons of smiles, we got some gorgeous shots of just the baby and family shots too. The photographer and assistant were both great and the location was perfect. When my friend saw our pictures, she booked a session for her son's first trip in November and hers came out beautiful as well. I highly recommend it!

Did you get a lot of other people in your photos?

Did you get a lot of other people in your photos?
The photo location is in a grassy area a little way away from the walkway. Some pictures had no people in the background, others had a few but they were so far in the background I didn't notice until I went back and looked. Some photos were angled so that the walkway wasn't in view at all. I remember the photographer saying a number of times that he was waiting for people to pass, so I think they do try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!