Magic Kingdom movie!

anya.sparrow

No longer earning my VMK stuff :(,
I heard on the radio that Jon Favreau has been tapped to direct "Magic Kingdom". It is supposed to be kind of like Night at the Museum, but Disney after dark.

1. I am in!
2. I would think that this type of movie would generate interest in a video game tied to the movie. I would love for them to make it an online version of the game. VMK-esque?

:upsidedow

this sounds excellent! I would enjoy a movie like that

That sounds like a cool movie. My question is which Magic Kingdom, often we have dreamed of being locked up overnight lol. Would not mind a special guest appearance by Johnny Depp.

Here is a good link. Appears he is not going to do Iron Man 3 so maybe going to start his focus on this movie.

:)

funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg

the only strange thing about this, is the fact that it isnt a kingdom keepers movie. i find it strange.

It's apparently based on a theme park attraction that never got built: "The Museum of the Weird". It was supposed to be a haunted-house type of attraction that Walt was pushing, but eventually got shelved. Jon Favreau (Iron Man) is signed on to direct it. No other info available yet, except that it's slated for release in 2013.

really does depend on casting i mean... looking at how most disney movies are going it will probably be starring Nicolas Cage... nothing against the Cage last few movies are brill but ... i would think a movie like this would need unknowns to make it work... if that makes sense lol

I would see it. Hope it's not another Nick Cage movie though. He's kind of creepy to me.

Wow. So excited. I really hope it shows the bits of Disney that we don't get to see. I've read all the kingdom keeper books and love learning all the wee facts about disney and the things that we don't see. Definitely looking forward to this.

Looking forward to seeing it. I wish they would make movies based on the Kingdom Keepers....they would be great.

This sounds really exciting! I wonder why they didn't base the movie off the Kingdom Keeper books too. They are a good series based on the same idea. Regardless, I'll be looking forward to this movie. It's a shame it doesn't come out till 2013.

I am so pumped! It is a shame it comes at the price of him not doing Iron Man 3 though.

Apparently, this making-theme-attractions-into-a-movie (Pirates, now Magic Kingdom) is a thing for Disney now, because they're also rebooting the Haunted Mansion movie. I read also that they're considering a Tiki Room movie and rebooting 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. And considerations for making these movies into a continuous film universe (think Marvel's The Avengers) are also being made. Interesting stuff :)

Links to Articles with sources
-Magic Kingdom movie: LA Times, Screenrant
-Haunted Mansion movie: MTV
-Tiki Room: Screenrant
-20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Screenrant
-Crossovers between Haunted Mansion and Magic Kingdom: IGN

Just read that the movie will be featuring DL's version of MK and not WDW's. True to form...it was the original MK. Although my heart belongs to WDW;).

Also read they have a Matterhorn movie in the works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter