Magic Kingdom Photo Session (Question for Past Brides)

as my daddy used to say, "if you want a better picture, bring a better face"

If you want a better picture, get a better photographer. As a (semi-professional) photographer myself, I know any number of tricks both in shooting and in post processing to make someone look their best. (And, no, I'm not talking about photoshopping them into someone else, either!) Angles, lighting, framing, posing, composition, lens choice, camera settings can all make a huge difference in the quality of a photo. Later I can tweek my choices at home in post, adjust colours and white balance, crop, add filters, subtly smooth or brighten skin... The list goes on. Part of my job as a photographer is to make people feel great about being in photos. This is way photography takes training and practice, and it's what makes a "good" photographer worth the money.

Sorry for the rant, but this comment is just mean. :sad2:

mmmbop, I am SO SORRY to hear about your photos. :sad1: If you have a few you'd like me to try and edit for you, I'd be happy to. I can't fix everything, but sometimes some adjustments and work can make a big difference. Just PM me. :flower3:

mmmbop, I am SO SORRY to hear about your photos. :sad1: If you have a few you'd like me to try and edit for you, I'd be happy to. I can't fix everything, but sometimes some adjustments and work can make a big difference. Just PM me. :flower3:

That's so sweet of you, Ember!!!! :thumbsup2

Hey Carrie--I wanted to let you know that I talked to Disney last week about their photography. I'm still a little iffy on them (but feel like I really have very little choice about it)...but, as I mentioned before in this thread...I sent them YOUR pictures as the reason I was all iffy.

I know it won't mean anything much to you right now, since it doesn't fix anything--but I got an acknowledgement out of them that they weren't "completely representative of our quality." So...they acknowledged that they screwed up. It might piss you off to know that they wouldn't give you the courtesy of acknowledging they screwed up--but at least they'll tell other people.

So...they know. I think you should have made them re-shoot.

Thank you for all your help to this point. Given your experience and not being the best--I truly appreciate how wiling you have been to help others.

Tiffiny

Seriously, Carrie--your pictures are the thing that we all need to use. For every bride that is considering using Disney, they need to confront Disney with the seeds of what they've sown. I truly feel awful for every bride who has received a substandard product. Disney bills themselves as a service that makes your fairy tale come true! If there are brides out there that walked away from the experience saying they'd never do it again? That's not okay. And it's ESPECIALLY not okay that Disney has essentially turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to those brides. :mad:

Again--I know it can't mean much to you now, since their acknowledgement to me is not an acknowledgment to you. And it doesn't fix your pictures. But maybe your experience can help others and motivate Disney to clean up their act.

Tiffiny

I have a question that I think I already know the answer to...

Do you have to be a Disney bride to get the MK bridal photoshoot? Can you be on your honeymoon? My soon-to-be fiancé can't be convinced on a Disney wedding and all I really want is the MK photo shoot in our wedding attire. He wants a beach wedding... But would honeymoon in WDW.

Hopefully, you can just be on your honeymoon to get the bridal portrait session....

Thanks all!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You need to be a DFTW bride in order to do the MK bridal shoot. However, you can do a honeymoon shoot at a resort (I believe in your wedding attire or regular clothes) or in another park in regular clothes.

Thank you. :sad1::sad2:
I figured that was the answer... I really wanted that Castle photo... Here's to trying to convince my soon-to-be fiance!
I wish there was a way around that. I would definitely pay a fee for not being a Disney Bride.

Thanks again!

I have a question that I think I already know the answer to... Do you have to be a Disney bride to get the MK bridal photoshoot? Can you be on your honeymoon? My soon-to-be fiancé can't be convinced on a Disney wedding and all I really want is the MK photo shoot in our wedding attire. He wants a beach wedding... But would honeymoon in WDW. Hopefully, you can just be on your honeymoon to get the bridal portrait session.... Thanks all!! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

If he wants a beach wedding why not have a Castaway Cay wedding on DCL? Then you are a DFTW bride and can do the MK shoot!

I wish it was that simple. He's not a Disney fan. I've looked into a DCL wedding, but he doesn't want his friends to commit to a cruise.

I could do a photo shot at the Grand Floridian with the castle in the way background... Or even Epcot. (I think?)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:( That would not fly in my house, lol. It should be about what you both want. The beach at the Poly has the best views of the castle.

You could look into Aulani? That has beach, but it's not on a cruise! I don't think Vero Beach goes through DFTW so it would be the same issue. Other than that, you could always do a Memories vow renewal in the future and do an MK shoot with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter