Magic Kingdom Photo shoot Question...

Arich01

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are trying to decided between a couple of options for our wedding and came upon the Magic Kingdom photo shoot. I *thought* I saw something somewhere that sometimes they don't allow it because of certain times of the year. I could also be crazy :joker: We're tentatively looking at either the Escape or DCL around October 22nd. Any input would really help us with budgeting ;)

Hi! We are trying to decided between a couple of options for our wedding and came upon the Magic Kingdom photo shoot. I *thought* I saw something somewhere that sometimes they don't allow it because of certain times of the year. I could also be crazy :joker: We're tentatively looking at either the Escape or DCL around October 22nd. Any input would really help us with budgeting ;)

There can be blackout dates any time of the year, for example around the marathons or other special events. They also blocked out September through January 2012-2013 entirely due to new fantasyland construction. Generally there are a lot of blackout dates during the fall due to the decorations for Halloween and Christmas, but sometimes if you're flexible with your dates they can find something that works even when there are lots of blackouts.

Thanks for the reply! Do you think our wedding coordinator would be able to answer that or is it just the luck of the draw as we get closer to our date?

We got married October 15th and did the MK photo session. The hardest thing was getting up so early in the morning and getting ready in the wedding gear all over again. Had to be @ MK @ 5 a.m. Photographer and a van picked us up in the morning.

A planner can answer those questions however things theoretically can change up till the very last minute (although people being booked and confirmed and then losing a date is much less common than the whole blackout date thing). I can't remember actually how long till we confirmed but the fuzzy part is going to be getting a commitment between the time you are "interested" and when it is 100% confirmed (barring weird craziness). We had a 2 park shoot confirmed but at the ~2 months mark we had to choose one park or the other due go time of year and fantasyland construction issues despite having the 2 park thing in our plan.

Thanks for the reply! Do you think our wedding coordinator would be able to answer that or is it just the luck of the draw as we get closer to our date?

You can ask your planner for the Disney fine art photography contact info. They can usually tell you ahead of time for the more scheduled black out dates. All shoots though are subject to park operations and they can schedule you and then park operations can decide no MK shoot that day. So having a range of days would probably be helpful. It doesn't happen often but it can happen. I believe it happens more with MK than the other parks.

If you're using Disney photography for your wedding I think you can book earlier (it used to be when you signed your DFTW contract but I think it changed in 2013 so I don't want to commit to how early). If you're not using Disney photography for your wedding you can schedule your shoot at 45 days out. You can call before the 45 day mark though to check availability.

We are getting married in June this year, and we were able to book our MK photo shoot right after we signed the DFTW contract and told them that we were using Disney Fine Art Photography.

We are getting married in June this year, and we were able to book our MK photo shoot right after we signed the DFTW contract and told them that we were using Disney Fine Art Photography.

Is the letter of agreement the contract?? and may i ask what kind of pricing should I expect with MK photoshoot?

Is the letter of agreement the contract?? and may i ask what kind of pricing should I expect with MK photoshoot?

Yes
And an MK shoot is $1700. If you combine it with another park, it's $2000. We went ahead and are doing MK + another park since it's only $300 more :thumbsup2

We got married October 15th and did the MK photo session. The hardest thing was getting up so early in the morning and getting ready in the wedding gear all over again. Had to be @ MK @ 5 a.m. Photographer and a van picked us up in the morning.
Hi @SandyinMonterey ,
Sorry to ask this 5 year's down the line from when this was originally posted but do you have any photos from your shoot or can you at least tell me if it was dark through the whole hour?
Thank you x

Hi @SandyinMonterey ,
Sorry to ask this 5 year's down the line from when this was originally posted but do you have any photos from your shoot or can you at least tell me if it was dark through the whole hour?
Thank you x

You can Google "lake buena vista sunrise times" and enter your date to see what time the sun rises on the day of your shoot. Timeanddate.com even shows astronomical, nautical and civil twilight times so you can see what time it starts to get light before sunrise! https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/@7170298

Hi @SandyinMonterey ,
Thank you x
I have an album from Disney that has all the pictures from photo session in it. Yes, it was dark throughout the entire session. If I recall correctly, we got up @ 3am to get ready. I think they picked us up around 5 am. Not sure, got married 18 years ago.

I have an album from Disney that has all the pictures from photo session in it. Yes, it was dark throughout the entire session. If I recall correctly, we got up @ 3am to get ready. I think they picked us up around 5 am. Not sure, got married 18 years ago.
Thank you, I thought that might be the case. Just struggling to find a lot of "dark" photos.

Do you have link for the MK photo session? Thank you :thanks::cloud9::lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter