Magic Kingdom Swap--they are being mailed--check #1 for update on 3/21

Mine are in the mail, you should have them Wednesday. Everyone, I'd planned to have these out sooner and I'm sorry...it's been a rough 2006 for us. My mom has ovarian cancer (was diagnosed in January) and lives in Orlando so I've spent about 4 weeks there with her, then last week our beloved dog died and I couldn't bring myself to finish these up. Naturally DD has been sick for about 6 weeks, doesn't it always go like this? Now, however, they are done and out! :thumbsup2

Mine are in the mail. You should receive them Wednesday.

jennz, My sympathies to you & your family. Sending some pixie dust your way pixiedust:

Kathy

Three more arrived today: tpcshauna, pjpoohbear, lizzy04. Excellent work!

jennz--I am so sorry to hear about all that has gone on! :grouphug: and pixie dust is sent your way.

I have not heard anything from jessicadesigns, so I will make up her items (for my daughter to use in her books). It will be this weekend before I can do this, so this might push the return date back a day or two. I get my first class of boys (4) tomorrow--sooner than I was planning, so I am scrambling to get things ready for them. No transcript on one and he has not been in school for over a year! Should be an interesting day!

mine are getting sent today!! :cool1:

I was up all night trying to finish up!!! I hope they are okay! I don't know how to use brads and all that stuff, but I am pretty sure I made up for it!!! pirate:

Can't wait to see everyone's stuff!!!

Thanks for the pixie dust you guys - I'll take all I can get! pixiedust: Today is a good day. :grouphug:

Darlene - do you want help w/jessicadesigns' elements? I can do the photo mats but I am sure I can't do mini file folders! I can do tags or squares instead...just let me know. :)

I heard from jessica today and now know why we haven't heard before. She has had major, major problems with her back. She has had one emergency surgery already and has another scheduled. She has not been able to get on the computer.

She really wants to be part of this swap and has her things almost done and should have them mailed this weekend. I would like to wait for her things to arrive. I will get everything else photographed and packaged up, labeled,etc. and then all I will have to do when hers arrive is add them in. They should still be able to go out around my original time frame.

I will mail out group 1 first, since they should all be here.

In the past if someone is unable to finish and we know, we try to get an angel to fill in or sometimes someone who missed signups will do it. If we don't know, you get your extra elements back and unfortunately are missing the elements that didn't arrive.

Jessica--sending you some hugs and pixie dust! :grouphug:

Darlene

ksjayhawks said:
I heard from jessica today and now know why we haven't heard before. She has had major, major problems with her back. She has had one emergency surgery already and has another scheduled. She has not been able to get on the computer.

She really wants to be part of this swap and has her things almost done and should have them mailed this weekend. I would like to wait for her things to arrive. I will get everything else photographed and packaged up, labeled,etc. and then all I will have to do when hers arrive is add them in. They should still be able to go out around my original time frame.

I will mail out group 1 first, since they should all be here.

In the past if someone is unable to finish and we know, we try to get an angel to fill in or sometimes someone who missed signups will do it. If we don't know, you get your extra elements back and unfortunately are missing the elements that didn't arrive.

Jessica--sending you some hugs and pixie dust! :grouphug:

Darlene
Sorry to hear the Jessica has been having back problems. pixiedust: for a speedy recovery.

I am all for waiting for her stuff. I'm sure it will be wonderful. I am impressed that she even go to do any work on them with having the surgery. Wow that is impressive. BTW What is a few weeks between friends?

I just asked the question, since this was my first swap and I did not know what to expect.

mickeyfan2 said:
I just asked the question, since this was my first swap and I did not know what to expect.

Nothing wrong with asking questions--that is how we learn! I remember having a ton of questions my first swaps. It seems to get easier every time! :cool1:

I am really sorry- I will not be able to post them now until Monday. We have had a flu/cold bug, and after coming back from WDW we have been so busy. They are very nearly finished though.

princess:

Hey all, just wondering how we're doing as this thread hasn;t been updated for a few days.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all is well. I'm just no good at waiting I guess.

Sorry everyone, my fault.

As most of you know I have been doing a long term sub job as second teacher at a "shelter" school. On Feb. 27 I found out I would be having a class of boys on FEb. 28. I had little prepared as this wasn't to happen until late March, so I have bben scrambling, working late, etc to get things prepared for class every day plus we have had several staff meetings to work out the bougs of being in a new building. That is just about all I am able to do.

I will update later tonite as to whose packages I have--I plan to spread them out on the bed in the guest room, then repackage tomorrow to mail out Friday or Saturday. Send pixie dust that everything goes right!

ksjayhawks said:
Sorry everyone, my fault.

As most of you know I have been doing a long term sub job as second teacher at a "shelter" school. On Feb. 27 I found out I would be having a class of boys on FEb. 28. I had little prepared as this wasn't to happen until late March, so I have bben scrambling, working late, etc to get things prepared for class every day plus we have had several staff meetings to work out the bougs of being in a new building. That is just about all I am able to do.

I will update later tonite as to whose packages I have--I plan to spread them out on the bed in the guest room, then repackage tomorrow to mail out Friday or Saturday. Send pixie dust that everything goes right!

Thank You! Don't worry, I understand, take your time and thank you for hosting this swap!
BTW, I'll send you my postage tomorrow. :wave2:

pixiedust: pixiedust:

Thanks for the update - sending lots of pixie dust your way. Isn't it always the way that everything happens at once? I'm panicking trying to do an exam and 14 Mickey swap items before Saturday!!!

Can't wait to see everything!

I am sooooo Excited!!! I can't wait to see everyones fiinished projects!!!

The last two packages did not arrive on Saturday morning.

We have left for spring break. We will be back on Sunday the 19th. I will get them out that night or the next day.

ksjayhawks said:
The last two packages did not arrive on Saturday morning.

We have left for spring break. We will be back on Sunday the 19th. I will get them out that night or the next day.

Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter