Magic kingdome day.

Thattommyguy

Earning My Ears
Hello. So I'm planning and saving for me and my fiancies first trip to Disney world. There is a lot I'm looking forward to but I have a question I'd like seasoned Disney vets to answer. I'm wanting to give a entire day to each park, the problem is Magic Kingdom I'm not sure if that's how I should kick off my Disney vacation with it being my first park, or if it should be the one we remember most and make it the last one. Any thoughts will help. Thanks.

IMHO, DHS and AK are half day each parks.
MK and EPCOT I could spend multiple days in and do.

MK is my favorite park, and no matter when I go (first day or last), the one thing I will absolutely not do is go on arrival day. MK is so special to me that the first time I see it on a trip HAS to be when the park first opens. Early mornings at MK are downright beautiful with the sunrise and the dew floating off the lake. In fact, I think you will find it so special that you go at least twice during your trip.

You never stated how many days you will be visiting WDW. I am assuming it is for 4 days and you are planning on one park per day. If that is the case then you can either make MK your first day trip or last day. Either will work. My advice is to get a park hopper. If you find a park not interesting you can then go back to one you really enjoyed and were already wishing you could go back. My wife and I go every year for 5 days and we always get the hopper. That way we can do 2 parks every day. It breaks up the day and we even get adventurous and sometimes do all 4 parks in a day.

Really depends if you are park hopping. I think you want to make sure it is a night that Happily Ever After will happen (not sure when your dates are but the park closes at 7 on MNSSHP days). The last day is perfect, but I would suggest going for 1.5 days to MK and then spreading out the rest. I could go to MK every day after half days at the other parks. Nothing beats late nights at MK, walking around after closing listening to the music with an ice cream. One of the best things WDW has to offer.

Magic Kingdom for first day; it's not my favourite park, but it is the epitome of Disney to me. I'll even admit to getting a bit misty eyed when walking through the arches onto Main Street :sad:

Thanks everyone for your responce. For the record (and if it matters) I am planning a 7 day stay at All Star Movies, four park tickets, with a day penciled in for Disney Springs or a resort day. I'm also going next September so I am thinking of using the money I am saving by staying at a value resort on tickets to Mickey's not so scary Halloween party.

With the information you provided, I would not waste a park entry on a partial day at MK. You want to spend a whole day there. On arrival day, maybe do Disney Springs in the evening.

Thanks. I was not planning to go to the parks at all on arival, instead I planed to stay at the resort till dinner time when I was thinking (if I can get the ADR) to go and have dinner at Ohana and watch the fireworks from there with my fiancee. By First day I meant my first full day. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!