magic morning vs. extra magic hour

ky.

Mouseketeer
My first disneyland trip is coming up next month and I'm a little confused about the difference between these 2. We have a packing staying at a good neighbour hotel (booked though disney) with a 3 day ticket. Our reservation says we are entitled to magic morning (right?) but are we also able to take advantage of the extra magic hour?

My first disneyland trip is coming up next month and I'm a little confused about the difference between these 2. We have a packing staying at a good neighbour hotel (booked though disney) with a 3 day ticket. Our reservation says we are entitled to magic morning (right?) but are we also able to take advantage of the extra magic hour?

No. Extra Magic hour is for guests of the 3 Disneyland hotels only. You can go on days that have "Magic Morning" only, which coincides with DL park EMH on certain days.

Reactions: ky.
There are a lot better explanations on this site if you search. The short answer is no. You are entitled to one magic morning with a 3 day or longer ticket staying off-property. This is for Disneyland only (not DCA). You can choose one morning to enter during early admission but it has to be on a day where Disneyland is the park for early entry (typically Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I believe).

Extra Magic Hour is only available for guests who stay at one of the 3 on-property hotels and is the only way to get early entry into DCA.

Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday -California Adventure = Extra Magic Hour

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday -Disneyland Resort = Extra Magic Hour and Magic Morning.

If you're staying at one of the three Disney owned hotels (and have park tickets) you can take part in Extra Magic Hour every day of your stay. IF you're staying off site and pre-purchase online 3+ days, you can enjoy one single morning of Magic Morning.

Last edited:

Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday -California Adventure = Extra Magic Hour

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday -Disneyland Resort = Extra Magic Hour and Magic Morning.

If you're staying at one of the three Disney owned hotels (and have park tickets) you can take part in Extra Magic Hour every day of your stay. IF you're staying off site and pre-purchase online 3+ days, you can enjoy one single morning of Magic Morning.
Just to add to the already confusing Disney jargon:
At DCA: EE = Early Entry
At DL: EMH = Extra Magic Hour
3+ day tickets (but not military discount tickets): MM = Magic Morning -- always double check the day and time for your MM because Disney can change this. An example of this is 8/10 & 8/11 when Disney has switched the days for EE/EMH/MM and changed the hours because of the CHOC Walk on the 11th. During Christmas Week, the early hour calendar may get switched, too, because of peak crowds.

Just to add to the already confusing Disney jargon:
At DCA: EE = Early Entry
At DL: EMH = Extra Magic Hour
3+ day tickets (but not military discount tickets): MM = Magic Morning -- always double check the day and time for your MM because Disney can change this. An example of this is 8/10 & 8/11 when Disney has switched the days for EE/EMH/MM and changed the hours because of the CHOC Walk on the 11th. During Christmas Week, the early hour calendar may get switched, too, because of peak crowds.
How does it work if you stay at a Disney resort, but buy the military tickets?

Is morning magic worth it??? During spring break?

Depends. While some live by MM/EMH, I personally much prefer sleeping in, starting the day not rushed and closing out the parks. On longer operating days a lot of ride can be walk on in the final hour/hours of operation.

I rarely use MM/EMH even when I have it available.

I’m doing a split stay offsite and Grand Californian. I will have a park hopper with MM. I want to do EMH at DL on Thursday while I qualify for EMH and save my MM for Saturday. Will it automatically take my MM when I scan on Thursday instead of EMH?

I’m doing a split stay offsite and Grand Californian. I will have a park hopper with MM. I want to do EMH at DL on Thursday while I qualify for EMH and save my MM for Saturday. Will it automatically take my MM when I scan on Thursday instead of EMH?

Aren't you supposed to display the room key?

Just tell the CM at the turnstile that you want to use your EMH--usually they ask me which one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter