Magical day trip to paris

Wishes36

Earning My Ears
Hi has anybody done the magical day trip to Paris as part of your DLP break, was looking into it seems pricey but is it worth the money

Yes I was thinking the same thing, never been to Paris from Dlp before so bit skeptic, don’t want to get lost and spend mega amounts of money! Thank you for reply

Thank you very much for tour advice, I’ve got plenty of time to do some searching etc , was only going to book with Disney as coach leaves from New York hotel thought it may be easier but if I can save money and find a easy route bonus lol

Have you done the cruise/Eiffel tower, is it worth it, can you get a good view from the Seine

I'd say do it yourself.
The trains run so often and are quick.
You cannot really do the Louvre in one day unless you literally want to just see mona lisa etc.
The queues for going up the Eiffel tower can be long, the queues for the Paris eye wheel are short and the views very good so maybe consider that (I know it means you haven't been up the Eiffel but its also a fraction of the price)
I'd highly recommend the Catacombs but depends on whos going and whether they would be interested x

You cannot really do the Louvre in one day unless you literally want to just see mona lisa etc.
Really? You can't just go and see highlights of the Louvre in one whole day? That worries me as I was planning on spending one day in Paris for two museums. I don't need to see every exhibit, though.

Really? You can't just go and see highlights of the Louvre in one whole day? That worries me as I was planning on spending one day in Paris for two museums. I don't need to see every exhibit, though.

Depends on what you consider highlights, there are plenty of tourists who go into the Louvre, walk straight to the Mona Lisa, snap a picture and then leave.

On a crowded day, those tourists look like this.
huge-crowds-of-tourists-trying-to-see-mona-lisa-painting-by-leonardo-picture-id599385082

Browse through the catalogue and determine what you would find interesting. Then determine how much time you need.

What is the other museum? D'Orsay?

With the tour you only get 1.5 hours in the Louvre if I understand correctly.
I would just go on your own, not just because it might be cheaper, but to also roam around at your own pace, leave whenever you want...

Don't worry about getting to Paris, if You can navigate through a big city or even an airport, you will be fine. Get yourself a subway map and go!

One tip: if you get the subway ticket from the machine, don't put it next to your bank/credit cards in your wallet. I had several times that the magnetic strip on the paper ticket got deactivated. If that happens, just follow another traveler through the gates, or try to find a subway employee.

Subway to Paris roundtrip €15
Access Louvre €17
Top of the Eiffel tower €25
River cruise, starts online from €10, but depending how long, with commentary there is a lot of variety.

If I had to pick a view, I would either climb the hill to the Sacre Coeur or my personal favorite: go up the Notre Dame.
The view is great and it has a Disney connection :p

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!