Magical express from AKL to MCO but not flying

kid-at-heart

DIS Veteran
We are flying into MCO and taking the magical express to AKL for a one night stay. Afterwards we plan to pick up a shuttle at MCO for transport to Cocoa Beach for a few days before cruising. Can we take the Magical Express back to the airport even though we are not flying out that day? If so, how do we arrange Magical Express transportation since we do not have a flight reserved?

If Magical Express is not available, does anyone have an idea of what Uber charges?

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the ME situation without an outgoing flight, but I can tell you that a trip via uber from Kidani Village was $29.72 (it was Jan 3 of this year at 6am) to MCO. Tip not included in that amount.

Yup, either call them direct to set up ur ME, or just choose a flight/time and use that to guide ur ride back.. keeping in mind that the pick up times are typically Hours earlier than your “flight”.
Have a fun visit!

You will spend a whole lot less time if you just call DME (866 599-0951) and tell them when you want to arrive at the airport, rather than searching for a flight and filling out the form. It's like a 5 minute call.

Steve

Wondering if you got this worked out?

We are flying in for one night then back to MCO for a shuttle for our RC cruise.
I just talked to a Disney travel agent and they said since I wasn't flying back, then ME wouldn't transfer us back to the airport. They could only transfer us to the hotel from the airport.

Not true, as a Disney Resort guest, you are entitled to a ride from and to the airport. There is no requirement as to what you do after they get you to the airport. Your TA is wrong. Call the number listed a few posts ago & set it up. Then call you TA and teach them something new!

I have totally done this - took ME from AKL to the airport to pick up a rental car on my departure day. I called ME - it was super easy - no issues whatsoever.

And once again, a wealth of knowledge from the CMs who answer the phones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!