Magical Express luggage tags

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
We fly out on Wednesday. I received yellow tags from Disney for our luggage. A cast member told my sister that we put tags on our luggage but instead give them to the bus driver. Is that how it works?

You don't give anything to the bus driver. Put the tags on your luggage and your bags will get pulled before going onto the conveyor belt at MCO. They will then be shipped to your resort and delivered to your room. This depends on your arrival time though. What time do you land at MCO?

We fly out on Wednesday. I received yellow tags from Disney for our luggage. A cast member told my sister that we put tags on our luggage but instead give them to the bus driver. Is that how it works?
You will put the yellow tags on your luggage before you head to your airport and so long as your plane lands before 10 pm, it will be delivered to your room without you needing to touch it once it arrives in Orlando. You should also have some paperwork in that envelope that has a barcode on it that you will hand to the CM at the Magical Express counter in the airport, they will scan it and tell you which line to get into to head to your resort.

***this is if you pre-clear customs in Canada. If you are flying out of a smaller airport and need to clear customs when you land then you will need to pick up your luggage yourself and head to customs and after that you will take your luggage to the bus.

???
Not sure exactly what you’re asking. I’ll explain what the yellow tags do: (First, pack your carry on with your travel gear and everything you‘ll need for your arrival day. Bell services at the hotel will hold items for you if you need them to.)When you check luggage at your home airport with the yellow tag on it - all those bags arriving in MCO, Orlando, and are transported directly to the Disney Resort listed on the yellow tag. In four to maybe five hours your bag(s) is/are delivered to your resort hotel room. Get off the plane and head straight to Magic Express.

“You do not have to use the tag” - if you don’t use the tag - you’ll have to pick up your bags at baggage claim when you land at MCO, Orlando. Head over to Magic Express check in with them and let the bus driver load your bags under the bus and they’ll be transported to your resort with you. You are still able to leave your bag(s) with Bell Services and head out to the Parks or to whatever you’ve planned for arrival day. When your room is ready you can get your bags and bring them to your room or enter your room and call Bell services to bring them (This option can take some time).

You don't give anything to the bus driver. Put the tags on your luggage and your bags will get pulled before going onto the conveyor belt at MCO. They will then be shipped to your resort and delivered to your room. This depends on your arrival time though. What time do you land at MCO?
730 p.m. the advice she got didn't make any sense to me. I did get my yellow tags but she has not and they leave on Saturday. She was told that she wasn't going to get them and that you don't really use them anyway. They told her that the bus driver will just search all of the luggage on the carousel for theirs which makes no sense at all!

???
Not sure exactly what you’re asking. I’ll explain what the yellow tags do: (First, pack your carry on with your travel gear and everything you‘ll need for your arrival day. Bell services at the hotel will hold items for you if you need them to.)When you check luggage at your home airport with the yellow tag on it - all those bags arriving in MCO, Orlando, and are transported directly to the Disney Resort listed on the yellow tag. In four to maybe five hours your bag(s) is/are delivered to your resort hotel room. Get off the plane and head straight to Magic Express.

“You do not have to use the tag” - if you don’t use the tag - you’ll have to pick up your bags at baggage claim when you land at MCO, Orlando. Head over to Magic Express check in with them and let the bus driver load your bags under the bus and they’ll be transported to your resort with you. You are still able to leave your bag(s) with Bell Services and head out to the Parks or to whatever you’ve planned for arrival day. When your room is ready you can get your bags and bring them to your room or enter your room and call Bell services to bring them (This option can take some time).
Yeah sorry I realized I missed a few words in my question by using talk to text. A cast member told my sister that she did not put the yellow tags on her luggage but to give them to the bus driver instead

They told her that the bus driver will just search all of the luggage on the carousel for theirs which makes no sense at all!

The bus drivers have nothing to do with collecting luggage. If the luggage has been tagged, it will not show up on the carousel - it's picked up before it reaches there and is put on trucks which go to WDW independent of the buses.

If you are going out of a Canadian airport (e.g., Pearson) which does customs there instead of in the US, you put the luggage tag on before leaving home and you'll see it at the resort a few hours after you arrive. If you land in MCO after 10 pm, you will need to pick up the luggage yourself and take it to the bus where it will be put underneath and you'll get it when you get off and take it with you. If you are not clearing customs in Canada, you have to do the same thing. In both of the latter cases, you do not put the yellow luggage tags on at all.

730 p.m. the advice she got didn't make any sense to me. I did get my yellow tags but she has not and they leave on Saturday. She was told that she wasn't going to get them and that you don't really use them anyway. They told her that the bus driver will just search all of the luggage on the carousel for theirs which makes no sense at all!
OK! I think i got what's happening now and it's an easy fix!! You don't *need* the tags to use the bus but you WILL need to get your luggage yourself. (or your sister in this case!) It's not that big of a deal actually OR I have even heard that it's possible to just give the luggage claim ticket from your airline to the CM at the Magical Express desk and then someone will go collect it and send it to the resort. It will NOT be a bus driver though!

Me? I'd just grab the bags myself and take them to the bus, the driver will store them under the bus and then get them out for you when you get there.

Although you can use the tags for 7:30 arrival, I would suggest not using the tags and grabbing the bags yourself. For that late of an arrival, you could possibly get a knock on your door at midnight for luggage delivery.

OP, did your sister specifically book Magic Express for her travel party? She should have gotten tags if she booked, so maybe she didn’t?

(And call the actual ME number, not the Disney reservations line to check and ask questions. The Disney phone CMs often give out incorrect info on stuff outside their area of responsibility.)

Canadians definitely get sent tags and can do the direct-to-resort luggage delivery if flying from an airport with US customs pre-clearance. No MagicBands, but we definitely get the yellow ME luggage tags.

OP, did your sister specifically book Magic Express for her travel party? She should have gotten tags if she booked, so maybe she didn’t?

(And call the actual ME number, not the Disney reservations line to check and ask questions. The Disney phone CMs often give out incorrect info on stuff outside their area of responsibility.)

Canadians definitely get sent tags and can do the direct-to-resort luggage delivery if flying from an airport with US customs pre-clearance. No MagicBands, but we definitely get the yellow ME luggage tags.
Yea she did. For some reason she keeps having issue after issue with her reservation.

If you don't get the luggage tags in the mail (like your sister didn't), you can give your luggage claim stickers to the CM when you check in for the Magical Express and Disney will still get your luggage for you. I would be concerned about the luggage getting lost though and would just pick it up yourself before heading to the Magical Express.

My advice after several bad experiences.....
If your flight lands at MCO after 4pm, get your own bags from the carousel unless you are ok with possibly not getting them until the next day.....or the middle of the night.

We had many, many great experiences with luggage delivery and then it started to get worse and worse each time. The final straw for me was when my bags disappeared for 5+ hours and no one knew where they were. They knew they had picked them up but no idea what happened after that. They told me what time the bags had been scanned at MCO and by the time I got them somewhere around 8 hours had passed.

If your flight lands at MCO after 4pm, get your own bags from the carousel
Agree completely. My experiences as well. If arriving at MCO after 4pm, don't put on the yellow tags, get your own luggage from the carousel and bring it with you to ME. The bus driver will load it in your bus basement and then you wait for a few minutes at your resort for the driver to unload it for you. Take it with you to check in or your room. Less stress. No middle of the night delivery or calls. You have all your stuff with you as soon as you hit the ground.

We had many, many great experiences with luggage delivery and then it started to get worse and worse each time. The final straw for me was when my bags disappeared for 5+ hours and no one knew where they were. They knew they had picked them up but no idea what happened after that. They told me what time the bags had been scanned at MCO and by the time I got them somewhere around 8 hours had passed.
A few years ago I returned from MK to find three bags had arrived in my room that certainly did not belong to me. I had been there for three days and was not due to check out for another six days. Name on the luggage was not even close to mine. I called Bell Services to let them know, they told me someone would be up to get them shortly. I explained that I was leaving to go to dinner, that I would only be in my room for another few minutes and they told me to then just leave them outside my door, someone would get them sooner or later. That told me a lot about Bell Services. When we came back from dinner the luggage was still there but anyone could have taken it and no one would be the wiser.

The last time we used ME, we had two connections (which is the norm for us anyway). Somewhere along the way, one of the yellow ME tags must’ve been ripped off the bag because when we went straight to the bus, my bag was going around the luggage carousel. WestJet called and wanted me to come back to MCO to get the bag and didn’t want Disney to grab it and bring it to me because my name wasn’t on the reservation. Our flight is getting in too late this time to use the luggage tags but I’m a bit leery of using them next time unless we have less connections.

... A cast member told my sister that she did not put the yellow tags on her luggage but to give them to the bus driver instead ...
The CM was dead wrong. One hundred percent wrong.

... the bus driver will just search all of the luggage on the carousel for theirs ...
Also absolutely positively 100% wrong.

Now you have the choice of not using the yellow tags, fetching your bags from the carousel yourself, bringing the bags to the Magical Express welcoming area, and having the bus driver load the bags under the bus. Arriving after 10 PM you must fetch your bags from the carousel yourself, with or without the yellow tags.
... I explained that I was leaving to go to dinner, that I would only be in my room for another few minutes and they told me to then just leave them outside my door, someone would get them sooner or later.
(for those eavesdropping) Quietly leave the incorrectly delivered bags just inside the door with all of your own bags hidden further inside, lock up, and go to dinner, to the park, etc. The bellhops will have another opportunity to get the bags when you return if they did not have the smarts and the master key to go in and fetch the bags.
... one of the yellow ME tags must’ve been ripped off the bag because when we went straight to the bus, my bag was going around the luggage carousel. WestJet called and wanted me to come back to MCO to get the bag and didn’t want Disney to grab it and bring it to me because my name wasn’t on the reservation ...
(for those eavesdropping) If your airline won't have DME or their own means deliver the bag to your resort free of charge then it is a job for the DME baggage claim process at your resort. Explain that you used the yellow tag and the bag did not arrive in your room and the DME rep., maybe the same person as the resort concierge, will help make the claim. For those who took the DME bus I highly doubt that the DME claims rep will suggest that you go back to MCO because you will be expecting a second round trip on DME during the same resort stay to do that errand with.
... If you are flying out of a smaller airport and need to clear customs when you land then you will need to pick up your luggage yourself and head to customs and after that you will take your luggage to the bus. ...
Clearing or reclearing customs at MCO can work the same way as clearing customs elsewhere, unless there are IRROPS (read: one time peculiarities or anomalies not guaranteed not to happen again, at a random time to some other random person later). After having your bags customs-inspected, you may put them on the other conveyor belt for DME delivery. (After 10 PM you must still go to the carousels). For MCO you also have the choice of hauling the bags out of the customs station yourself.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!