Magical Express Question?

Painter63

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are wondering if and what the rules are for using Magical Express? We will be flying into Orlando a week before we are staying on Disney property and renting a car for that first week. For the 2 weeks we will be on property we would like to use Disney transport and the Magical Express because it would save us about $500 in rental car fees. Could we use the ME to get to our Disney resort after returning the car to the airport. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Yes. This is allowed. Everyone staying at a Disney resort is entitled to one round-trip trip on DME, regardless of how they're arriving at or departing from MCO. Call and make your reservation and tell them what time you'll be arriving at the airport (dropping your car off).

Could we use the ME to get to our Disney resort after returning the car to the airport.
Yes. You can do this. Essentially, you would arrive at the airport by car (your rental car return), not by air. Disney doesn't care what airline you use, or even if you use an airline.

However...

Instead of returning your car at the airport, consider reserving your car to return it at a location at or near WDW. Drive to your Disney resort. Check in. Then, only one person needs to return the car. Alamo & National are the WDW Car Care Center. They will then take you back to your Disney resort. That's much more convenient than heading all the way back to the airport. All the major companies are represented, either at on-property hotels near Disney Springs, or at free-steading or hotel offices nearby. Just double-check to make sure the office provides courtesy transportation back to your resort. And be aware that hours are limited.

Then, you would only need a one-way DME reservation for the end of you stay.

We were also wondering the same thing. We arrive late the evening before our stay officially starts and are staying at the Best Western. Will we be able to get on ME to head to Disney the next morning if we went back to the airport. Same thing on the way home. The last day of our trip we will be heading back to the Best Western and then catching a very early flight the next morning. We would again like to use ME to get from Disney to the airport then take the BW shuttle to the BW. So this is possible? And if so, how early and how late does ME run? We would like to get to the parks as early as possible and stay at the parks as late as possible. TIA

Hi, we are wondering if and what the rules are for using Magical Express? We will be flying into Orlando a week before we are staying on Disney property and renting a car for that first week. For the 2 weeks we will be on property we would like to use Disney transport and the Magical Express because it would save us about $500 in rental car fees. Could we use the ME to get to our Disney resort after returning the car to the airport. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Yes, you can do this. As Horace said, depending on what company you use, you may be able to return the car closer to WDW...Alamo/National are located at the Dolphin. Or, just drive to the WDW resort, drop everyone in your group off, with your luggage, then one person drives back to MCO to drop off the car, and then ride DME back to the resort. I would reserve it both ways, for everyone, just in case others want to return to the airport rather than stay at the resort.

We were also wondering the same thing. We arrive late the evening before our stay officially starts and are staying at the Best Western. Will we be able to get on ME to head to Disney the next morning if we went back to the airport. Same thing on the way home. The last day of our trip we will be heading back to the Best Western and then catching a very early flight the next morning. We would again like to use ME to get from Disney to the airport then take the BW shuttle to the BW. So this is possible? And if so, how early and how late does ME run? We would like to get to the parks as early as possible and stay at the parks as late as possible. TIA
Yes, this is very doable. Just reserve your DME for the days/times you want to use it. You can give them flight info for an early morning arrival flight if you want...that way you'll be in the system with an approximate arrival time. Or, just reserve it with no flight info...doesn't matter. For your return to MCO, call DME and tell them that you need to be back at MCO late that night....they will give you a reservation time that meets your needs and gets you to MCO later in the evening so you can shuttle over to BW.

Hi, Thanks so much for your advice, so sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, but herniated disc surgery will do that, I see only one draw back with dropping off the car on Disney property instead of the airport and thats the cost difference. In checking several rental sites it about $500.00 more to drop the car off on Disney property instead of the airport, for that price i could keep the car for the extra 2 weeks and not turn it in, which would defeat the original purpose. Right now cars are renting for next April after the Easter holiday for around $235.00 per week for an intermediate or $948.00 for 4 weeks.
and no I really don't want to drive around in a Chevrolet Spark. Using Disney transport for the middle 2 weeks saves me a min of $470.00 for transport. as we will be coming from Jenson Beach the first week and Vero Beach the last week we will be almost passing the airport on the way so not a huge inconvenience.
So thanks again for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter