Magical Express to WL question

Luckysix

Earning My Ears
Hello, how long did it take your DME to arrive at WL (once you got on the bus)? We’re going to the park on arrival day, and hoping that we don’t miss our FP times.

DME takes about 40 minutes to get to WDW property after it gets going from MCO. I have not been on a WL bus route to know what order the busses go to the resorts.

Once you are on the bus, I always plan my first fastpass for 2 hours after the "approximate" time I'll be on the bus. I usually always make it, but there are a few instances where I haven't due to reasons out of my control. The first fastpass I book is always the one that is the "least" important in priority so I'm always ok with skipping it. A lot of people book their fastpasses for 3 hours after they land just to be safe.

WL is usually (emphasis on usually as it DOES change at times) the 2nd stop, with FW being first.
I concur with booking the first FP for 3 hours after you land. This gives you 4 hours and 15 min to use it. Typically more than enough time.
Like PP, I book a least important (or easy to move) FP for that first time. I just move it to later if it appears we won't make it

We stay at BLT and our drop off route almost always is FW, WL, CR, BLT. In December, WL was the first stop, then onto BLT. It was almost 90 minutes from the time that we landed until we reached BLT, so shave about 10 minutes off of that time for WL.

As Sandy and I do this twice per year, 12 years running.... Work backwards:

1) About 15 minutes from touchdown to DME.
2) DME check in generally under 5 minutes.
3) MAX WAIT for bus loading/departure: about 40 minutes. This MIGHT be far quicker. Maybe.
4) Depending on route, WL may be FIRST, or next to last. Allow 1 hour.

Total time: up to 2 hours worst case. Our TYPICAL time has averaged about 1.5 hours, touchdown to WL.
DO give yourself extra time for handing off Carry-ons to Bell Services, plus 20 minutes for bus, about 15 for Security at MK.

All told - I would allow 2.5 hours from MCO touchdown to inside MK. Now remember.... first FP is good for an HOUR past earliest entrance (I keep forgetting this myself). You will always get that "hour of grace" if something goes wrong :).

Wow so interesting to see everyone’s responses. We’ve taken DME six times to various MK resorts (WL, CR, BLT, and Poly) in the past 3 years. We have never stopped at Fort Wilderness. There were always 2 routes on our trips (and my inlaws who came in at different times). Either WL, followed by CR/BLT, then Poly, and GF last or Poly, then GF, followed by WL, CR/BLT. I have noticed that which two hotels they decided to do first seemed to be based on the number of guests headed to each resort.

Wow so interesting to see everyone’s responses. We’ve taken DME six times to various MK resorts (WL, CR, BLT, and Poly) in the past 3 years. We have never stopped at Fort Wilderness. There were always 2 routes on our trips (and my inlaws who came in at different times). Either WL, followed by CR/BLT, then Poly, and GF last or Poly, then GF, followed by WL, CR/BLT. I have noticed that which two hotels they decided to do first seemed to be based on the number of guests headed to each resort.
Not a surprise, we haven't had stops at FW each time either. I don't know that FW is all that common of a stop for air passengers. Some sure but probably one of the lower used for air travelers, just by nature of the type of accommodations there. So it's probably not unusual to have a bus full and no one going to FW

We have stayed at WL at least six times since 2013 and our DME never stopped at FW. It usually stopped at Poly then GF then WL except last March when the bus stopped at WL first before heading to the CR.

thanks for these responses, I had been asking the same, seems like while the route changes, WL is def lumped with 2-3 other deluxe stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts