Magical Express?

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
Hi :sunny:
Can anyone please tell me how the Magical Express works?
We're travelling to Orlando in May 2020 and staying for the first week at OKW.
I usually collect a car at the airport but we have the free DDP so I doubt we'll be venturing far until we move onto Vista Cay for the rest of our stay.
I was considering collecting the car around day 5 from Lake Buena Vista or somewhere close by (partly to save on parking fees) and taking the Magical Express to OKW.
I know you have to call to arrange your transfer but what happens with your cases etc?
Thanks in advance :thanks:

Sorry thats not quite correct - in the UK they don't send anything out to us. You HAVE to collect your own luggage and take it to the ME bus, there is no option for them to collect it for you and you don't get the yellow tags. On the plus side that means you don't have to wait hours for it to be delivered to your room!

Sorry thats not quite correct - in the UK they don't send anything out to us. You HAVE to collect your own luggage and take it to the ME bus, there is no option for them to collect it for you and you don't get the yellow tags. On the plus side that means you don't have to wait hours for it to be delivered to your room!
Oooh, that's made it sound even better :lovestruc

Indeed you have to take bags with you, I think it is because you need to take through the border. But I agree I prefer it this way too. At the resort once checked in they will take you and your luggage on a golf cart to your room. OKW is where I stayed, it’s lovely but. If so the cart is really welcome.

You know via Alamo you can collect the car from the Disney Car Care Centre? You go into reception day before and ask them to call too arrange a pick up. You choose the time and where from. Why not just collect it on OKW departure day so no parking charge at all?

Indeed you have to take bags with you, I think it is because you need to take through border. But for me that is better. At OKW they’ll take you to your room from reception by golf cart.

If you have to clear or reclear customs (immigration; border) in Orlando it works the same way as clearing customs at a connecting city elsewhere.

In addition, for Orlando, most of the time you have the choice of carrying your bags (cases) out of the customs station and all the way to ground transportation or (before 10 PM) put your bags on the other conveyor belt for Magical Express delivery to your room. (On infrequent occasions one of those choices may be denied you.)

After 10 PM all travelers who do not have all of their bags with them must go to the carousels (main terminal level 2) to get their bags.

If you did not have or use DME yellow tags, you may show your baggage claim checks to the welcoming agent at DME (main terminal side B lowest level) and they will get the bags for room delivery for you.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth depending on what time you arrive your best bet is to take the cases with you in the ME. By the time it can take to get your bags if you option to do that it can take upwards of 3 hours.
So make sure you have what you need in a carry on bag if you do decide to let them take the bags.

I would disagree slightly and say whilst you should collect your bags that didn't work for us. I suspect it was because we flew indirect (Via ATL) but we waited for our bags for ages and they didn't come. When we went to speak to them at the Magical Express desks and ask if there was any chance they were picked up they said no, and let us know our bags were probably delayed. We went back to the airline who said they had definitely made it to MCO. A couple of hours later whilst we were still at the airport trying to sort things out we spoke to bell services at the Poly and they confirmed our bags were already there.
Coming from the UK we didn't have yellow luggage tags or even anything Disney on our bags. Someone must have been very eager!

After you clear customs there is the option to get a tag and put your luggage on the conveyor for the ME however on our last trip we kept our luggage with us and that was fine - no problem getting it on and off the coach as the driver does it all and there was no wait for them to arrive at our room at the other end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!