Magical Make A Wish trip with Aunt Wendy and Uncle Bill!! 4/15-4/24/10

billwendy

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!!

Our 12 year old nephew is getting to take his MAW trip in a few weeks!! He has just finished chemo and radiation battling Medullablastoma and resulting posterior fossa syndrome (from the tumor removal surgery). He continues with OT, PT and Speech 3x/week each while attending 1/2 days of school when he can.

He has 2 brothers and 2 sisters, and the kids range in age from 2-15! So, Mom and Dad asked Aunt Wendy and Uncle Bill to come along for the ride ( and to help with the kids)!! We are so excited to go with them and truely celebrate our nephew's life!!

DH and I are leaving after work and driving down from Philly area and they will fly in on Sunday afternoon!! We will go and greet them at the airport to be able to help with the kiddos right away! We will then go to the Give Kids the World Village and hang out, enjoy the wonderful things to do and I will go to Orientation with his Mom while the guys hang out with the kids!!

We were part of the wonderful Disboutique Big Give, and they helped out this family more than you could imagine. After over a year of hospital visits, driving back and forth, illnesses, being laid off a job ( the list goes on and on) all the things they gave had special meaning to us, and the kids were beyond thrilled!! His mom and dad were really touched, and couldnt believe the geneousity of them all, as Aunt Wendy was very emotional too!!! THey are a wonderful group of people!!

So, our daily planning is kinda up in the air. They plan to go back and forth for meals each day and are worried about endurance even though we will have a wheelchair. We are hoping to hit all 4 Disney Parks, Sea World and they may also go to Universal (DH and I are going to skip this as we'd rather spend our $$ on special souviniers for the kids!!). We want to enjoy GKTW as well!!! We hear it is truely magical!!!

Soooooo, any tips (DH and I are big Disney nuts and have been alot) on guiding these newbies around Disney? Enjoying GKTW, Sea World etc? Any not to misses at GKTW???

All input is very appreciated and I have gotten a lot of info from my dear Dis'ers already!! So much fun planning, I will be sad when that part is over!!! Here is our crew!!
100_0719.jpg

THanks everyone!!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter