Magical May trip with Family and Friends!

ccgirl

DIS Veteran
I never got around to posting my Trip Report from our trip in October so I figured I better just start with our May pre-trip.

Cast:
ME: DW 39, been to Disney about 15 times. If I don't go once a year I get withdrawals. I LOVE planning! It is so fun seeing how much money I can save and making all of the other plans too. I plan a lot of trips for my friends too I love it so much.

DH: 36, Secret Disney fan. He is loves it as much as I do, thankfully. He is not too much into the planning though.

DD: 7, she is spoiled and has been 6 times already. She loves the princesses and is very excited she is tall enough and brave enough for Space Mountain. We'll see if she actually goes when we're there. I always let my children decide whether or not they want to go and have used the chicken exits multiple times.

DS: 2, I guess he is spoiled too because this will be his 2nd trip already. He is somewhat of a daredevil but a very fun loving little boy. He absolutely loves Mickey (or hot dog as he calls him). We are a little nervous with trying to keep him in check on the plane ride but he will be strapped in to his carseat so at least we don't have to worry about him trying to get down from the seat.

We also happen to be going at the same time as good friends of ours that have a DS6 and DD 10 mths. We will be staying at BWV and they will be at the BC so that will be so much fun. We are eating dinner with them most nights. We are also going the same time as a boy from my DD's class and his mom so we are going to try to meet up with them so they can go on rides together. Oh..almost forgot that my in-laws are going the same time too. They are staying off site at a timeshare. Don't know how I forgot that, must have been a Freudian slip.

The Plan:

Accommodations - we were lucky enough to trade our Timeshare in Hawaii for a 2BR at the BWV thru RCI. We opted for the DP even though we will have the kitchen because afterall...it's vacation and I do not want to cook when on vacation.

Flights - we will be flying SW once again. My DH and myself had $185 in credit from our Oct 2009 trip. The price ended up being $60 each way for that trip. :cool1: My in-laws also gave us $125 gc for Christmas. I'm glad we had that "extra" money because we have to buy 4 seats not just 3 now that my DS is 2.

May 1 - SW out of PVD. Leaving at 9:30 getting in to MCO at 12:30. We plan to carry our bag with swimsuits and a change of clothes so we can swim before our room is ready. Then, off to visit our friends for dinner at the Cape May Cafe at 5:10. I had never booked here as I'm from New England and am accustomed to the "real" seafood. However, this place has gotten rave reviews so we're going to try it.

May 2 - This is our Epcot day. I'm so excited to just be able to walk to Epcot. I had awful experiences with the busses the last and only other time we stayed on property at POR. The plan is to use a snack credit for breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery, lunch will be CS at Sunshine Seasons and dinner will be at the Biergarten at 5:05 with our friends and their children. We are very excited about this. My DH and I tried this during our 10th anniversary trip in October and were very pleasantly surprised. The food left a little to be desired but my DH loved the beer. We think the kids will really like this one. I should also mention that we will be getting our GAD Fastpasses here as we have AP's. We will also get my DD the figurine with the pins.

May 3 - This is an Animal Kingdom/Epcot Day. We will use a snack credit at the Boardwalk Bakery again and get our GAD Fastpasses here as well. Lunch will be Picnic in the Park and we will stay until a little before closing. The park closes at 5pm that night then we will head over to Epcot during the night. Dinner will be at the Coral Reef at 5:40, again with our friends. My DD has been anxiously waiting to go here for years so I am really excited. We have been before and thought the food was delicious but a bit overpriced. We are on the DP so we will go here again. We can then take the leisurely walk back to our timeshare.

May 4 - Finally MK!!!! Our friends are doing the GAD as well so we will use their fastpass here. Breakfast will be our snack credit at the Main ST Bakery. Can't wait for this one as it was closed when my DH and myself were there last. Lunch will be CS at Cosmic Rays, and dinner will be 5pm at the Crystal Palace with our friends. My children absolutely love this place!!! The food is absolutely fabulous. This is the one place we pay out of pocket for when we are not on the dining plan. We feel that you get what you pay for here and my children love the parade with Winnie the Pooh and friends.

May 5th - This is our DHS day. We will once again get GAD Fastpasses here. Breakfast will be a snack at the Boardwalk Bakery. Lunch will be CS at Starring Rolls. I LOVE this place and found out about it on the DIS. LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!! They have great sandwiches and UNBELIEVABLE desserts. I can't wait to see my DS expresssion at Playhouse Disney. He dances in front of the t.v. at home like a wild man!!! Dinner is actually not planned that night. I think we are going to go to Downtown Disney and see if we can get into T-Rex.

May 6th - Our friends are going home today so it will be just my family for the remainder of the trip. We haven't planned this day out other than dinner at 1900 Park Fare at 5:35pm. My DD chose this over breakfast at Akershus, which she had the last time. She is so excited to dine with these characters.

May 7th- Chef Mickey's breakfast at 9:15. We are going to meet my DD's classmate and his mom here. They have 9:00 ressies. We are then planning on going to Epcot where they can do the Kim Possible missions together. Dinner is at 5:40 at the Garden Grill. This was my DH pick. He has always wanted to eat here so he is very excited.

May 8th - This is our departure day. Always so sad!!! Time to start planning our next trip.:goodvibes We leave MCO at 12:30 and arrive in PVD at 3:30.

This is probably the most excited we have been for a trip here. We have the fabulous accommodations, dining plan, AP's and the TIW card for anything the DP doesn't cover. Not to mention some great friends. All we had to pay for was the Dining Plan and flights since we already had AP's and exchanged our timeshare so it's only. approx. $1600 for the week. Just about the amount of my tax refund. How convenient.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter