Magical Princess Extravaganza! Our niece's first time to Disney - 5/3-5/8 PTR - Completed

cinderelly828

Mouseketeer
Dream Come True - Spoiling our little Princess Niece for her first trip to Disneyland!

Hi there and :welcome:! I thought it'd be fun to do a little trip report for our upcoming trip to Disneyland and Universal Studios in May (exactly 3 weeks tomorrow)! I have another thread asking for some advice for this trip, so sorry if any of this sounds redundant. ;)

The Cast of Characters:

ME! (Candice)
MK_TSTHEATERBCHAR_7879769031.jpg
I'm a complete Disney nut and am still way too obsessed with the Princesses. :) Can't I just live in Disneyland?

DH :) (C)
MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_20161128_7876182328.jpg
I've created a Disney monster out of my husband and now he's as obsessed as I am. Yay! I tried to plan a non-Disney trip and he sweetly asked if we could just go back to Disney again because he loves it so much. Swoon! :love:

SIL/BIL (M & R)
14716261_10207652041964332_4528276026220237201_n.jpg
We love these two sooooo much! SIL and I have just clicked on a fabulous level since we first met when DH and I were dating and BIL is the most calm, chill, sweet man you could ever meet. They are the greatest parents to the star of the trip....

Princess M (5 1/2 yo)!
14568113_10100148684512358_389965747877016829_n.jpg
I know this photo is kinda large, but it's so epic and just captures DN's little personality! She's such a sassy but sweet little nugget and I'm obsessed with her. We don't get to see her nearly enough as we live in different states and I can't WAIT for all this bonding time. I also love that she's such a little poser in all her photos...just like her auntie!! :) Here's one more darling little picture, for good measure. ;)

14695500_10155446963739897_5482883121474718378_n.jpg

Agh, I'm just obsessed with her. The cutest! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Trip Details:
Dates for us: Wednesday, May 3 - Tuesday, May 9th
Dates for the fam: Wednesday, May 3 - Saturday, May 6th

DH and I have been going to Disney pretty much every year since 2012 (there was a blip in 2013 before we fully realized JUST how much we both loved it and were addicted) and were actually planning a trip to NYC this year but decided Disney would be more fun. We have been dying to take Princess M since she's so into the Princesses and seems like she's such a fun age to take. They also live about 8 hours away from us so we don't get to see them nearly as often as we'd like and my goal is to become favorite auntie. ;) The only problem was that we didn't know whether or not SIL & BIL would be able to swing it financially. We were thrilled to find out that they've had a little vacation nest egg saved up and are able to join us! DH and I are both over the moon. We haven't told Princess yet, but will be mailing her a super cute Minnie Mouse suitcase tomorrow filled with all sorts of fun Disney stuff for the trip. I've way over packed that thing with Minnie t-shirts, stickers, coloring books, Princess bandaids, Minnie swim goggles, games, the cutest Lilo & Stitch PJs, a Minnie plush...I honestly can't even remember what else... :blush: We're then going to get on Skype with her and her parents and tell her the fun news!!! :banana::cheer2::Pinkbounc I. CAN'T. WAIT!

We have 3-Day Park Hoppers and the fam has 2-Day Hoppers. After DL we'll be heading up to Universal Studios for Sunday, spending a pool day Monday and perhaps seeing my best friend from college and then flying out of Burbank on Monday night. We took Tuesday off from work because we don't get back home to Seattle until about 1:15 am and I want a recoup/unpack/sleep/cry-that-I'm-not-at-Disney-anymore day. :sad::rotfl:

Highlights: We'll be taking DN to BBB, a special auntie/niece lunch date at AG, DH and I will be couple Disneybounding for the trip and DH and I have Carthay Circle reservations for the adults only day. I also hope to take SIL to Trader Sam's for some girl time and cocktails. :)

My plan for this PTR is to post our plans for each day and include outfit photos (in case anyone is interested in the massive amount of stuff I'm packing...:angel: :blush: :laughing:). I will also try to include a few fun photos of DH and I's past Disney Trips because I have so many dang PhotoPass photos and who else will appreciate better than DISers!? :)

Thanks for reading along!! I hope it's fun!!

Last edited:
Day 1 - Travel day, relaxing by the pool, and dinner with the fam in Downtown Disney
Itinerary:
DH and I fly out super early (about 7 am) from Seattle with a brief layover in SFO. We land at SNA at about 12:15 pm or so and will take a SuperShuttle from the airport to the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Area. Our plan is to then unpack and head to the pool and chill for a few hours.

SIL/BIL and DN arrive at LAX around 5:30 pm or so, so we'll give them time to shuttle to their hotel, check in and get settled at the Grand Legacy and then hope to meet up with them for dinner.

I had originally wanted to do dinner at The Fifth at the Grand Legacy as that would be perfect in case they're all tired from travelling, but it looks like it's unfortunately closed for a private event that night. I think we'll maybe head to Downtown Disney for dinner or (what I'm hoping for) is to head to the DLH and try dinner at Tangaroa Terrace/Trader Sam's. That way SIL and I can have some fun Tiki Drinks. :drinking1:) Neither of our hubbys drink really so they can be on DN duty. ;)

Then we'll all head off for an early bed time so we can be up bright and early for the parks in the morning! :yay:

Outfits:
Flying to California! :sunny:

Flying Out.jpg

Pool time in the afternoon. :cool2:

Pool Day 1.jpg

Dinner with DH, SIL, BIL, and DN at Downtown Disney or one of the Disney Hotels.

Dinner Night 1.jpg

Here's a peek at the Disney bag we'll be sending off today to little Princess! As soon as she gets it in the mail, SIL & BIL will Skype us and we can all tell her the big news! We're going to try to film her reaction, so hopefully it's a good one! :scared::blush:

image2.jpg

image1.jpg (The cat is not included...she just refused to move for the photo...:rolleyes:)

Day 2 - First day in the parks - Let the MAGIC begin!
Itinerary:
DH and I will wake up earlier than the rest of our group because we have Magic Morning at DL from 8-9 am. We hope to get to the parks at about 7:30 (eesh...so early...:faint:) and hit MM as soon as gates open. We'll hopefully do HSM and DH will probably do Star Tours (I get too motion sick :sick:) and then maybe we'll hit a couple of the "scarier" FL rides like Snow White or Mr. Toad's that little Princess may be spooked by. We'll head out of DL at about 9 to head out to meet SIL/BIL and Princess outside the gates of DCA at around 9:15. We're wanting to do Rope Drop (9:30 in the gates, 10 for RD?) and head straight to meet Elsa and Anna while DH runs and grabs us some FPs for Soarin' and WOC.

Sidenote: I saw somewhere that they're linking FPs between DL and DCA now - anyone know about this? I was just thinking while we're in DL maybe we could grab some HSM FPs for later... :confused:

After we meet Anna/Elsa we'd like to see if Kristoff and Olaf if they're around and definitely Sofia and Doc McStuffins as Princess is super into these ladies. After we've gotten some meet & greets done, the plan is to head over to TSMM and hope that the wait's not too big yet and hop on there. Are FPs up for this now? If so, maybe we'll grab some, as DH LOVES this ride. Then the plan is to ride whichever Paradise Pier rides DN feels like riding - Ariel, Triton's Carousel, Swings, Zephyr, etc. She's not really into the whole Cars thing, so we don't have to worry about RSR which is kind of nice! However, we'll probably wander through Carsland and then hit up our Soarin' FP time when it comes up.

At this point we'll check out what time it is. I'm hoping it's not super late and that we can hop in line 45 mins-1 hour before the 12:30 Frozen show, but I think this may be wishful thinking. If we can catch the early show, great. If not, we'll grab some food, check out Animation Academy, Monster's Inc., and maybe Bugs Land and get in line around 2:30-2:45 for the 3:30 Frozen Show. Either way, we'll be sure to have some snacks and a fun little Disney Would You Rather game to play in line. :)

After the Frozen show we'll see how little Princess is doing and see if she wants to take a break. She may be okay after sitting for an hour at the show. Depending on what she feels like we'll maybe send SIL/BIL and DN to their hotel to take a break/nap/swim. We are staying further away so probably won't head to our hotel. If they do take a break I'm sure we'll hit up California Screamin' and possibly GRR and I may grab a beer. :drinking1

After the break (or just after the show if everyone's energized) we'll hop over to DL.

Once we're in DL we'll probably just wander and see what Princess is into and check wait times on the app. I cannot WAIT to see her little face when she walks in and sees the Castle for the first time! I'm crying already just thinking aboug it! :sad::blush::lovestruc I'm guessing she'll want to meet the Princesses at FF, maybe hit up Toontown if it's not insanely hot/crowded. I'd love to see Storytelling at the Royal Theater as DH and I love those. There are shows at 3:45 PM, 5:00 PM, and 6:15 PM, so I guess we'll just have to see what works out timing wise. Then we'll hit up whatever rides have short lines before going back over to DCA.

We will try to be back in DCA at about 6:45-7:00 PM to line up for WOC. I'm hoping for the Yellow section and would love to get close to the front if we can so the little one can see. WOC starts at 8:15 so we'll watch that and see how everyone's feeling. SIL/BIL and Princess may be tuckered out (hopefully not!!) and want to head home for the night. But I hope we can get them to stay out for a bit. :tigger:

If they're up for it, we'll all head back to DL as DCA will be closed. If not, they'll head home and DH and I will head back to DL. Then we'll end out the night hitting up whatever we can! POTC, JC, HM (minus Princess on that one...). I'd love to do BTMRR and Storybook Canal Boats at night - they're so pretty! I'm sure we'll get some treats at some point too. There aren't any fireworks this night and we're doing MSEP the next night, so it'd be fun to get in some rides with shorter lines while people are watching the 10:30 parade. Then we'll head out when the park closes at 11 and get to bed and get ready for a Princess filled day the next day!! princess:princess:princess:

Outfits:

Daytime - DH and I will be Disneybounding as Nemo & Dory! :fish:

Day 2 - Nemo-Dory DB.jpg

Nighttime - Just a comfy and classic Disney outfit (with layers for unknown weather!) for running around the parks at night. :earsgirl:

Night 2 - Classic Disney.jpg

:cheer2: Fun random Disney photos from past trips time! :cheer2:
Here are some fun shots from our two most recent trips to DLR & WDW.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneyland_Park_397447694003.jpg
Here are my parents and I at Disneyland back in February. DH and I were visiting them for the weekend in Palm Springs (they rent a place in the winter because Seattle gets cold and gloomy) and we had teased them that we should wake up early one morning and do a surprise trip to DL. They laughed and shook their heads as they're not quite as Disney obsessed anymore as we are. They hadn't been in probably 20 years! But bright and early Sunday morning my dad came in and said, "Get up, we're going to Disneyland!" I completely thought he was teasing me, but turns out, he was serious! It was a busy day, but perfect weather and we got a decent amount done for getting to the park at around 11 am and leaving around 7 pm. It was magical to be there with my parents again. They did say they're not in a hurry to go back soon...unless we pop out some grandkids! :rotfl::scared1:

Here are a few fun ones from DH and I's trip to WDW over Thanksgiving 2016:

MK_SBCSIDESHOWDONALDOCHAR_20161128_7876035440.jpg

MK_ENTR_20161128_7875944777.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_395801046432.jpg

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7879756714.jpg

MK_SBCTRAINCHAR_20161202_7879673887.jpg MK_SBCTRAINCHAR_20161202_7879673895.jpg DH was being silly with Minnie and Daisy...he told them both (in secret) that he liked their Christmas dress better than the others. It was a kick! They were so fun and sassy. This was at the MVMCP and was so so great.

MK_FNTSYBRG_20161202_7879693021.jpg My Prince Charming. I love Cinderella's Castle lit up for Christmas!! :lovestruc

Going through some medical stuff and off to yet another doctor appointment today. I'm really hoping everything is figured out before our trip. And I'm REALLY wishing I had my very own Baymax. EPCOT_BIGHERO6CHAR_20161127_7874524214.jpg

EPCOT_BIGHERO6CHAR_20161127_7874524215.jpg

princess: Day 3 - Princess Time!! princess:

Itinerary:
Since we'll have hopefully done a good bulk of DCA the day before, this day will be mostly spent in DL, with one lunch time exception. DL opens at 9 am, so my plan (if I can get everyone up and moving!) is to be at the gates at 8:00-8:15 am so we can do Rope Drop. We'll head strait to PP so DN can ride that - I think she'll love it (and we like it too :)) and we'll be sure to "walk with purpose" so that we can get as close to the front of the line as possible. Touring Plans is showing relatively low crowd levels for our whole trip, so I'm hoping they're right! :goodvibes
After PP we'll basically ride whichever FL rides that little princess feels like until about 10:15. Then we'll head over to BBB for her 10:30 am Crown Package reservation! princess:princess:princess: I found some inexpensive ($10 or less each!) princess dresses online and will have her pick out which one she wants to wear beforehand. I am thinking we'll give them all to her when we meet up for dinner the first night and then she can wear one on our first park day if she wants to. She'll have a choice of Tiana, Elsa, or Rapunzel and I'm thinking it's going to be Rapunzel as she's super into anything purple right now according to SIL. I am so excited about this! Every time we've seen a little girl walking around all Bibbidi Bobbidi'd I tell DH how much I want to take DH to DL so we can do that for her, so I'm sure I'll get emotional. She's just such a little sweetie and I know she'll love it. I mean, look at these pictures from her Easter egg hunt...the little darling!

17972036_10156011105429897_6968845464527581089_o.jpg

17917095_10156011106829897_4679353137006721251_o.jpg She's already got the Princess Pose DOWN! :lovestruc:rotfl:

17953025_10208822351579250_449742438577447973_n.jpg

I just LOVE the fluffy dress with the dirty rain boots - so stylish! :)

After BBB - which I'm guessing will take around 45 mins to an hour - we'll check out wait times and hop on something quick in FL. If it's not too crazy, maybe we'll try to meet some princesses over at Fantasy Faire while DN is all gussied up. I'm sure they'd be super fun with her! Then I'd really like to go see Mickey and the Magical Map at 12:05. We'll probably head to the theater at around 11:45 or so in order to get decent seats. DH and I have only seen this once but we loved it and I think everyone else will really enjoy it too.

After MatMM we'll just kind of go with the flow and see what we have time to do. Princess and I have a special auntie/niece bonding time princess date at Ariel's Grotto at 2:30 (I'm already melting with love and joy :lovestruc) so we'll plan to leave DL and head over to DCA around 1:30 or so. DH, SIL, and BIL can do whatever they feel like at this point. I'm sure they'll grab lunch somewhere and ride some "big kid" rides. I'm not sure if they'll want to hop over to DCA with us or stay in DL or head to the pool or DTD or what! I'm leaving it up to DH to entertain himself and his sister. :P

After our magical lunch at AG we'll check in with everyone and see what we're all feeling like doing. DN may have a few remaining things she'd like to do in DCA, but if not, we'll head back over to DL and knock out whatever we can before the MSEP at 8:30 pm. I'd like to be able to do POTC, BTMRR, Splash & HSM (if DN is up for them and tall enough!), Pooh, check out Toontown, IASW, JC - basically everything lol. I don't think little princess will be able to do HM as she's got some anxiety regarding death after her great uncle passed. Poor little dear. So we'll skip that one and DH will just have to take me on it twice on Saturday cuz it's my fave. :) We'll meet whatever princesses and characters we can - we'll check the app to see who's where. I'm sure we'll grab something to eat at some point. Bengal BBQ is a must and DH and I love the gumbo at DL. Depending on how we're feeling (I'm thinking DN and I may still be full from our AG late lunch?) we'll either go to Cafe Orleans or just grab a bread bowl gumbo from Royal Street Veranda in NOS. Then we'll probably try to find a spot for the parade around 7:45-8ish.

I'm super excited to see MSEP! I haven't seen it since I was a kid and I have such fond memories of it. My mom would play the soundtrack in the car all the time and it will be so amazing to see again. After the parade we'll get ready for the fireworks at 9:25 - and probably send DH off to get us some tasty firework treats! :) A churro sounds so good right now... :cloud9:

I'm really hoping that SIL, BIL, and princess have lots of energy and want to close the park out with us since they leave the next day. It may be wishful thinking, but I want to spend as much time with them as possible! If I just give DN tons of sugar, she'll stay up right?! :laughing::stitch: The park is open until midnight, so I doubt I'll be able to convince them to stay out the whole time, but even another hour or so after fireworks would be great. We'll ride whatever DN wants to and I'm sure spoil her rotten at the shops on Main Street on their way out. :rolleyes: DH and I will probably close it down regardless of what time they head out, so I'm sure we'll be dead to the world as soon as we drag ourselves into the hotel room and hit the pillows.

Must Dos:
BBB & AG (duh)
Meet Princesses
Meet as many of the Fab Five as we can - definitely Mickey and Minnie
Get a silhouette with DN. DH and I have a silhouette of us from every Disney trip and I have 2 of me when I was little so we HAVE to get one with DN. This is super top of my list.
Fireworks
Teacups with princess
DH & I would love pictures with Donald and Daisy if at all possible during the day since we're Disneybounding as them and that would just be fun :donald:

Outfits:

Daytime - DH and I are Disneybounding as Donald and Daisy. I'm pretty excited about this one as I get to wear a poofy dress and DH will have on a cute little bow tie!! :) I may get a little warm, but I'll suffer in the name of fashion. :rotfl:

Day 3 - Daisy-Donald DB.jpg

Nighttime - My friend works at an awesome vintage store here in Seattle and found the most fabulous sleeveless blouse that has castles, carriages and princesses printed on it. I obviously had to buy it! So I'll be wearing that in the evening (if I decide to change at some point) with a comfy black skirt and some fun red accessories. :) And my sequin Minnie ears of course! :earsgirl:

Night 3 - Ladylike Disney.jpg

:jumping1: Look what came in the mail!!!!!!!! :jumping1:

We booked our hotel and tickets through Costco Travel and at first I was second guessing myself, but now I'm so happy we did! The tickets came so nicely packaged and with so many great perks! We got a $50 Disney Gift Card, PhotoPass Collection (so it includes prints from our Character meal), cute little luggage tags, actual plastic cards for our tickets, tons of coupons and vouchers (for DTD, ESPN Zone, free pin and lanyard, photo print 5x7 of a photo of our choice, and more!) and we got a 4th night free at our hotel. Turned out to be such a good deal! For 4 nights at the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Area and 3 day park hoppers plus all the stuff I just mentioned it was $1078 which seems pretty good to me. :) And now that we have our tickets it all seems so much more real!!!!!!!! AHHHH!! :cool1:

image3.JPG

image5.JPG

image2.JPG

image4.JPG

image1.JPG

:cheer2: Fun random Disney photos from past trips time! :cheer2:

Some of my favorites from our trip to Disneyland in May of 2014. We were there for the Rock Your Disney Side 24 Hour Event and I got to dress up like Cinderella which was SO FUN! princess: #lifegoals​

DSC_0172 (2).jpg
It was so fun to be able to get a photo in front of the castle together with nobody in the background!

DSC_0250 (2).jpg
I :love: the teacups at night...

20140525_121852.jpg
Swing dancing with Mickey on Buena Vista street...so much fun!!! :earsboy::mickeyjum

DSC_0657.jpg
Such a pretty park icon.

DSC_0939pm.jpg
Love this group shot! Also, I miss Jasmine's outfit...

DSC_0903.jpg
I adore Rapunzel and Flynn!! :lovestruc

20140523_145634.jpg
Pluto is such a gentleman!pluto:

DSC_0336.jpg
My first Cinderella outfit of the day. :)

20140524_022041.jpg
I know this is a crummy photo because it's all dark and kinda blurry. We were having super frustrating camera issues this trip! But Minnie just looked SO CUTE in her PJs for the 24 Hour day and I love it.

DSC_0387.jpg
DH finds this "Cinderella does Space Mountain" photo particularly funny. I like it too. :laughing:

Two weeks out as of today! We're surprising little Princess any day now - as soon as she gets her package of goodies in the mail! I can't wait and we're going to get the whole thing on video so I'll share it here if it's any good. ;)

I'm having a dilemma that I'm hoping my fellow DISers can offer some advice about. I'm starting to feel bad that we're only taking our youngest niece and not our niece and nephew who are a bit older. :( DH was saying that I shouldn't post anything about our trip on social media so that they don't get their feelings hurt. I feel just terrible about it now and simultaneously hate having to hide my joy about the trip. We plan to take both of them on another trip but wanted to spend this one with the youngest as we feel she's at the perfect age and mindset (aka Princess obsessed) for a little trip to spoil her. Any thoughts on dealing with this? :guilty:

Are they siblings or are they in a different family? And how old are they?

They're cousins, but they're all pretty close. The oldest niece is 11 and our nephew is almost 9. As a little backstory, the older two are actually raised by their grandparents (DH's dad and step-mom) as his youngest sister has battled substance abuse issues. The kids are the sweetest, but have had a rather rough time growing up which is partly why they're so close to SIL/BIL/little princess. And another reason I'm feeling so awful, because they deserve some Disney magic.

In that case, i wouldn't keep it a secret. No need to make a gigantic deal about it in front of them...but you'll find the secret will be too hard to keep. Also, you are going with your SIL and BIL. So its not like you are just taking your niece. It can just be framed as your two families traveling together to Disney - which has completely different connotations than you "taking your niece to Disney". (i.e. spending on one kid and not the others). Tell them that you hope someday, you can work it out so you can go with them and their grandparents too.

We are paying for our niece to go to Disney with us. And paying for food for everyone and flights for my brother and SIL. We aren't doing it for DHs nieces. We might have - but they were not interested/enthusiastic about traveling with us when we have brought it up (they love Disney too). Anyway, I just don't mention in front of them that we are paying for my one niece. They all know we are going and are stoked about it.

In that case, i wouldn't keep it a secret. No need to make a gigantic deal about it in front of them...but you'll find the secret will be too hard to keep. Also, you are going with your SIL and BIL. So its not like you are just taking your niece. It can just be framed as your two families traveling together to Disney - which has completely different connotations than you "taking your niece to Disney". (i.e. spending on one kid and not the others). Tell them that you hope someday, you can work it out so you can go with them and their grandparents too.

We are paying for our niece to go to Disney with us. And paying for food for everyone and flights for my brother and SIL. We aren't doing it for DHs nieces. We might have - but they were not interested/enthusiastic about traveling with us when we have brought it up (they love Disney too). Anyway, I just don't mention in front of them that we are paying for my one niece. They all know we are going and are stoked about it.

That is good advice. I guess I didn't really think about the fact that we're going with her parents too, so it's not just us. Thanks, I feel a bit better now. :) I'm really bad with secrets. Lol.

:sad:/:lovestrucDay 4 - Sad goodbye then some alone time with my love :sad:/:lovestruc
Itinerary:
Sadly, SIL, BIL, and little Princess fly home to Oregon on Saturday. :sad1: It'll be a bit bittersweet I'm sure as it will be hard to have them go after so short of a trip, but it will also be kind of nice to go at our own pace and have some adult time. I'm trying to decide if we want to try to wake up and do breakfast together before the fam heads off to the airport. They fly out of LAX at 12:23 pm, so they may just want to sleep in a tiny bit and head straight to the airport. I guess we'll play that one by ear. The park hours look like they've been updated since I first started planning and are open from 8 am to 12 am. It almost hurts my soul to not get to the parks at opening, but I'm contemplating sleeping in with DH this day and getting to the parks a little later. Cring...:scared: We'll just have to see how we're feeling. I'm worried it's going to be crowded. One nice thing is we don't really have anything we HAVE to do and can just kind of hit whatever we missed or want to do again. It's nice knowing that we'll be back soon (we tend to go once a year) and don't have to try to cram everything into one trip.

We'll probably start the day at DL and just kind of play around, hop over to DCA in the afternoon and get whatever we can done before our 5:30 dinner reservations at Carthay Circle. DH and I keep going back and forth between CC and Napa Rose. We LOVE Napa Rose's food and have been a few times. We always really enjoy it. We did Carthay a few years ago and loved the ambiance and enjoyed the food but not as much as Napa Rose. I think we wanna give it another try, so we're sticking with this plan for now.

After dinner we'll probably head back to DL because I always like to end my DLR time at Walt's original park. I'd like to watch MSEP again and of course see the fireworks (and cry...lol) and then we'll see how we're feeling about closing out the park. We have to wake up suuuuuuper early the next day to get to Universal for our early entry so we ~should~ go to bed right after the fireworks, but it seems to be hard to drag me away from Disney... :rotfl2:You can sleep when you're dead, right? :earboy2:

Outfits:
Daytime - Jack and Sally!

Day 4 - Jack-Sally DB.jpg

Nighttime - We'll change before dinner at CC into our Flynn and Rapunzel Disneybounds. I wore this outfit to WDW and had the BEST time with Rapunzel, so I'd love to see if I can get another picture with her. We'll see how timing works...

MK_PFTHPURPLEB1CHAR_20161130_395472413943.jpg

Night 4 - Rapunel-Flynn DB.jpg

Day 5 - Say, "See Ya Real Soon!" to DLR and head north to Universal Studios Hollywood
Itinerary:
Sunday morning we'll be waking up super dang early to catch an Uber to Universal Studios. I am thinking we'll need to be up at about 5 am so that we can check out, grab an Uber, drive about an hour?, get checked into our hotel near Universal (Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport) and hop on their free shuttle to the park. We have early entry since we booked a hotel package through Universal, so we can get in at 8 am. I'd like to be at the gates at about 7:30 so we can hit the ground running when 8 am hits and they let us in. Has anyone ever gone from DLR to USH in the morning? Am I allowing us enough/too much time? Also, any tips for cheaper/easier ways to get up there? From the research I did it looks like Uber is the cheapest way, but I'm happy for any other suggestions.

Once we're in we'll start off with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I'm quite a HP fan (not nearly as much as Disney though...) and we really enjoyed WWoHP when we were in Orlando over Thanksgiving. I've heard it's pretty much identical at USH, but I'm excited to see it all nonetheless. DH is insistent that I get a wand and Butterbeer this time as I just couldn't justify them on our last trip. He knew I kept thinking about it after, so I'm gonna go for it this trip. :)

After WWoHP we'll hit up Despicable Me and the Simpsons rides if the waits are low, head down to the rides in the Lower Lot (Transformers (DH can do this solo - I didn't like it in Orlando), Mummy, and Jurrasic Park), have lunch, see the Waterworld, Animal Actor, and Special Effects shows, do the Studio Tour and hit the Walking Dead attraction. The park closes at 7 pm, so we don't have a ton of time, but it doesn't seem like there is a ton to do. Also, there aren't many things that are much different from the attractions in Orlando, so we'd be fine skipping things if needed. DH is more excited for this day than I am, although I am excited for the Studio Tour. I loved it when I was a kid.

After the park closes, we'll do dinner at City Walk. My best friend lives in Santa Monica, so I'm hoping to convince her and her DH to come meet us for dinner. It will be fun to just wander around City Walk for a bit and then head to bed when we're ready. I'm sure we'll be tired from waking up so early and all our adventures at DLR, so I'm imagining it will be an early night. :) We'll take the shuttle back to our hotel and catch some ZzzzZzzzz's.

Outfit:
PotterBounding :stir: :wizard:

Day 5 - PotterBound.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter