Magical Weddings and DVC

jncvh

Mouseketeer
I am re-proposing to my wife and for our 15th anniversary I am having the custom magical wedding at Cinderella's castle. princess: Has anyone ever had a magical wedding and are there any special deals for DVC members? The custom wedding is about $25,000 USD and any savings would help.

I have thought about renting enough points to reserve 12 studio rooms for three nights at SSR but I beleive that I have to book rooms directly through the wedding planner and I was unsure if I can use points to pay for the rooms. On top of the rooms are the park tickets, food, ceremony, reception, and of course the Disney character's at the ceremony.

Any experiences or savings tips would help. Thank you in advance. :thanks:

What an amazingly romantic thing to do for your wife! I hope someone here can help;isn't your event planner supposed to help you with all these little details? For that kind of $....enough said! Good luck! Angel

I'm sorry, but don't you mean a custom wedding at the wedding pavillion? The castle weddings start at $500,000 and they are not having any this year or next due to the happiest celebration and some proposed construction

The only discounts are for cast members... no DVC or AP or anything. And sajetto is right... Magic Kingdom weddings cost a minimum of $500,000.

That said, there are plenty of lovely ceremony and reception locations around WDW that can be used for much less. We were married on the Boardwalk and had our reception inside the Great Movie Ride.

pouncingpluto said:
The only discounts are for cast members... no DVC or AP or anything. And sajetto is right... Magic Kingdom weddings cost a minimum of $500,000.

That said, there are plenty of lovely ceremony and reception locations around WDW that can be used for much less. We were married on the Boardwalk and had our reception inside the Great Movie Ride.

WOW....500,000...I could buy lots of points....

jncvh said:
I am re-proposing to my wife and for our 15th anniversary I am having the custom magical wedding at Cinderella's castle. princess: Has anyone ever had a magical wedding and are there any special deals for DVC members? The custom wedding is about $25,000 USD and any savings would help.

I have thought about renting enough points to reserve 12 studio rooms for three nights at SSR but I beleive that I have to book rooms directly through the wedding planner and I was unsure if I can use points to pay for the rooms. On top of the rooms are the park tickets, food, ceremony, reception, and of course the Disney character's at the ceremony.

Any experiences or savings tips would help. Thank you in advance. :thanks:

I think it is wonderful to have a vow renewal. Congratulations! Unfortunately, though, the others are right a MK Castle wedding starts at half a million dollars. There are many other beautiful and much more affordable location at WDW though. Call or go to disneyweddings.com for more info.

We looked into this because DH and I plan on renewing our vows at WDW for our 10th, next year. Anyway, you do not have to book through the wedding planner. You can use your points and all the wedding people want is your ressie # to confirm you are staying on site. Now this is the info I got directly from the wedding people at Disney and we were asking for an Intimate wedding, not a custom. Not sure if with a custome wedding they will want your guests to be paying cash and not staying on points. We are planning on renewing our vows at the GF wedding Pav or at the BW. You can go on the weddings board here and get lots of info on what each wedding type includes. They recently changed the # of people you can have for an intimate up to 20, I believe. There is also a very helpful website about WDW weddings:
http://www.yourfairytale.com/weddings.html

My daughter check into it last year. No special deals but they will waive the requirement for # of rooms reserved.

Thanks Kelly!

I know brides who did use guests staying in DVC rooms toward their room blocks. (For custom weddings, you're usually asked to guarantee X number of room nights from your guests.) Just give the reservation numbers to your wedding planner.

Sorry, wrong wording. The renewal is at the wedding pavillion at the GF and pictures will hopefully be taken at the castle, I had to request this. I originally asked about the weddings at the at the castle and when they told me of the price I nearly fell out of my chair. The wedding planner was unsure of the points and was looking into it. Thanks for the info. I just received my package in the mail and it has alot more information.

Our DD is planning a custom DFTW next March. All you need to do is provide the confirmation number from MS to apply your DVC nights to the minimum number of nights required, which we were told is 10. So in our case, our 7 night stay will complete most of the requirement, and DD's fiance and his parents will be staying on points also which will complete the requirement.

What I'm trying to find out from DD's SM is if we can offer the discounted room block to the other wedding guests who are not staying DVC, or if that will affect the # of rooms we must guarantee.

I wish they counted the GV for more than one night!

We got married at the Polynesian last June. There were 11 of us and I think it was around 2500. Just watch the weather. We were supposed to be on the beach, but with the lightning they moved us indoors.

My DH and I had a custom vow renewal last summer for our 25th anniversary. We used our points for all our guests and it satisfied our room block requirement. Congratulations and good luck...you will have a truly magical time!

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter