MagicBand - how to make vinyl stickers stay?

BigredNole

DIS Veteran
We received our MBs yesterday. DD wanted to put on her vinyl sticker wrap we got her. It went on fairly easily, but it is not going to stay. It is already peeling up a bit and it has not been 24 hours yet.

Wondering what people use to make these things stay on semi-permanently? We will use these bands for our 2-week trip next week.

Did some digging on the internet. Found that people use several methods. I am going to test them out on an old MB and see how it turns out.

#1 Try Base Coat nail polish first, put a vinyl sticker on it, a couple layers of Top Coat nail polish, then finish off with acrylic spray
#2 Try a base coat of acrylic spray, apply vinyl sticker, and finish off with acrylic spray coats
#3 Apply sticker, a couple coats of Modge Podge, then finish off with acrylic spray.

We'll see which method works best

I used the Clear acrylic spray in matte (but think I'd like glossier), about 3 coats (dried in between) and they stayed well.

Thanks. I contacted the owner. It appears my DD missed a step in the instructions. We used a hair dryer on them and they appear to have sealed much better. We will see. Worse case, it peels off.

i do vinyl designs-
do not put anything over it to seal it- the vinyl needs to breathe
to get it to adhere better, try heating it up a bit with a blow dryer and smoothing it out with your finger.
it needs 24 hrs to "cure"
hope this helps!

I will say we did this and used the nail polish. After a while the nail polish cracked. I will try heating them up instead...do you heat the MB surface or the vinyl or apply the vinyl and then use the hair dryer? I am betting it is the last!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter