Magnets - Need Help

SCollier

Earning My Ears
We are thrilled to be cruising in August with our extended family. I'd love to make magnets for our doors. Does anyone know where the best place to find templates I can download might be? Or perhaps the easiest way to make them. I want this to be as magical of a trip as is possible for my kids!

We are thrilled to be cruising in August with our extended family. I'd love to make magnets for our doors. Does anyone know where the best place to find templates I can download might be? Or perhaps the easiest way to make them. I want this to be as magical of a trip as is possible for my kids!

Go over to this forum and post what you’re looking for.
https://www.disboards.com/forums/creative-disigns.105/
There are some very nice and talented DISers willing to do this for you. We had someone design a magnet for each of our family members and they turned out so nice!

I also just google clip art. I print on either a heavy paper or lightweight card stock. Then I laminate and glue magnets on the back. I always save those free advertisment magnets you get in the mail- realtors etc.

I have some that we use every trip. Then I print out different ones depending on if its a HOTHS, Merrytime or someones bday.

I also just google clip art. I print on either a heavy paper or lightweight card stock. Then I laminate and glue magnets on the back. I always save those free advertisment magnets you get in the mail- realtors etc.

I have some that we use every trip. Then I print out different ones depending on if its a HOTHS, Merrytime or someones bday.

This is what I have done for our last 2 cruises. I bought my own laminator from Amazon but I have seen them at Target. Very quick and easy

To make your own, use google to find free clip art. Download the (free) Waltograph font and install it. If you have Paintshop, photoshop, elements, etc, you can use the layers feature to put things together. If you have Office, Powerpoint is great at putting images and text together.

I like Elements to fine tune the images, then I put them in powerpoint to add shadows and text and assemble the item. You can save a powerpoint slide to jpg or png, which makes it perfect.

Example: DH loved Battlestar Galactica, but we were on a Star Wars DCL cruise, so I found Jedi Mickey, then I found a cylon and a Star Wars ship background. I used Elements and Topaz to "comic"-ize the pieces (except Mickey), I then saved each piece and put them in Powerpoint, where I added the shadows. I could have added text in Powerpoint, as well. From there, I could save it as a jpg and print.

Jedi Mickey vs Cylon 2.jpg

I mostly make my own using Word and Power Point, because those are programs that I already owned. Some of the old DIS graphics posters migrated to a social media site and still offer free graphics, and the one who was here making all the great porthole designs is now on Etsy. I agree with the PP that the issue with Etsy is that many of designs aren't legal to sell, and also there is a big issue of people there selling things they "stole" from the DIS from other artists (not the porthole people, but many of the others).

To make your own, use google to find free clip art. Download the (free) Waltograph font and install it. If you have Paintshop, photoshop, elements, etc, you can use the layers feature to put things together. If you have Office, Powerpoint is great at putting images and text together.

I like Elements to fine tune the images, then I put them in powerpoint to add shadows and text and assemble the item. You can save a powerpoint slide to jpg or png, which makes it perfect.

Example: DH loved Battlestar Galactica, but we were on a Star Wars DCL cruise, so I found Jedi Mickey, then I found a cylon and a Star Wars ship background. I used Elements and Topaz to "comic"-ize the pieces (except Mickey), I then saved each piece and put them in Powerpoint, where I added the shadows. I could have added text in Powerpoint, as well. From there, I could save it as a jpg and print.

View attachment 315514
This is awesome!!!

I use clear contact paper to laminate my magnet designs. I use Microsoft Word. I download the images to Word and if the design is not already personalized, I can personalize it.

Wow, I thought about buying from Etsy but there are some great ideas on making your own. I never even thought about using Power Point to do the layers but it makes total sense! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter