Magnets

Beki Price

Earning My Ears
Hey all, I recently booked my first cruise ever. My family and I couldn't be any more excited.

I want to make magnets for our doors, and one to decorate around the porthole, but I can not find a measurement of how big the porthole cut out needs to be. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

Hey all, I recently booked my first cruise ever. My family and I couldn't be any more excited.

I want to make magnets for our doors, and one to decorate around the porthole, but I can not find a measurement of how big the porthole cut out needs to be. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

The porthole as in the window?? Those things can be really big - Dream Class they have some big enough to sit in!

no, sorry. I should have clarified. the door porthole that everyone decorates.

Ah. Not everyone. :D *IF* I do anything it's like ONE magnet (And to be honest I see more NOT decorated than decorated as I've walked around the ship.). Anything more feels like freshman year in college to me when covering the door was "cool" - sophomore year on it was message board only :D.

Just be sure to not put anything out that you'd be heartbroken if it disappeared. Magnets have been known to disappear before. Best rule: if it would break your heart to lose it, put it on the inside.

Thanks, everything I was looking at on pinterest for FE gifts also mentioned "decorate you door! You'll be lost if you don't!" blah blah in your face. I've never been on a cruise and the thought of being absolutely lost seems impossible, you can only go so far on the ship...

Thanks, everything I was looking at on pinterest for FE gifts also mentioned "decorate you door! You'll be lost if you don't!" blah blah in your face. I've never been on a cruise and the thought of being absolutely lost seems impossible, you can only go so far on the ship...

A lot of people do put magnets on, but not everyone. LOL.

The biggest problem with depending on looking for magnets rather than paying attention to the room number is that magnets so sometimes "sprout legs" and could be put on another nearby door OR disappear all together. So sure, have fun! But do NOT depend on them for the way to find your cabin. (I agree...I have never had an issue finding my cabin. Even if I turned the wrong way out of the elevator/stairs vestibule, I figured it out quickly and turned around. No problem.

A lot of people do put magnets on, but not everyone. LOL.

The biggest problem with depending on looking for magnets rather than paying attention to the room number is that magnets so sometimes "sprout legs" and could be put on another nearby door OR disappear all together. So sure, have fun! But do NOT depend on them for the way to find your cabin. (I agree...I have never had an issue finding my cabin. Even if I turned the wrong way out of the elevator/stairs vestibule, I figured it out quickly and turned around. No problem.
Hah! Which is why I say more is better. :D

But definitely don't put up anything in public that you can't lose. Also, don't put up anything that's so personal it would bother you if others knew it. For example, I used first names, but didn't want my last name "out there". Others use last names on everything. Also, I wouldn't want photos of kids and their names on my door where they could walk off. But that's just me. Just be aware, so you don't go past your personal comfort level.

And do what's important and representative of your family. It doesn't have to look like all the other magnets out there. Have fun expressing yourself.

I think we are only going to do one magnet, if I make any at all, that goes around the door number/porthole thing. Its a Halloween cruise so we will probably do a fun character in costume or something.

Which ship? I ask, because Dream-class has a peephole under the number porthole, while Magic-class has the peephole to the side of the door. Would either affect your design?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter