Main Street and Mickeys and Mermaids, oh my!

Main St. Gals

Earning My Ears
Hello, Disboards world! I've got a lot of Disney excitement and I can't keep it contained, so I figured a little pre-trip post would help vent some of that steam!

Our upcoming trip is at the beginning of September and our giddiness is getting hard to contain! In the past years, we've flown. Not my personal favorite, but with a few Dramamine and a hearty nap, we're there in no time. This year, we've decided to road trip it....

That's right, friends. I said road trip.

Our party consists of three adults and a three year old..
And we live in Kansas..

But who cares, right? At least we're lucky enough to be going again! So, we'll be leaving two days early (for travel purposes) and be staying our first night in Orlando at ASMo (WE'RE SO EXCITED) and then spend the rest of our trip at Pop Century (ALSO SO EXCITED).

One thing I know I'm personally dreading is the September heat! Honestly though, I think the others are dreading it, as well. However, we've been to the World in September before so we at least know what to expect and we can better prepare ourselves for the draining, miserable,"did I black out?" heat. We've already agreed on taking breaks in the A/C, pacing ourselves, and staying hydrated. Oh, and POWERADE. It's not my favorite, but hey, it definitely beats heatstroke.

Another thing we're excited for? FOOD AND WINE!! We've been before and we love it. It may sound strange, but for us, Disney in the fall just feels like home. We've all also made a vow to TRY. NEW. THINGS. We're going to get the most out of our snack credits and actually try some of the deliciousness that makes up Food and Wine.

And would it be a pre-trip post of excitement if I didn't mention Toy Story Land? No. No it would not. Needless to say, we're stoked to finally experience the land we've waited so desperately for. We've read, though, that there isn't much shade in the new area, so if anybody that has already been has any tips to stay at least semi-not shriveled, please let us know! We're all ears!

We're so excited to finally make our way back home! Please, feel free to comment any tips and tricks you feel like sharing, or just to strike up a conversation!

I have never been in September, but i think i would prefer a small umbrella over a poncho because of the heat. The columbia style rain jackets are lightweight, but pricey and would still probably be hot.

I have never been in September, but i think i would prefer a small umbrella over a poncho because of the heat. The columbia style rain jackets are lightweight, but pricey and would still probably be hot.
My family and I were just discussing this! I have a really fun Mickey rain jacket but I figured it would feel like I'm wrapped in plastic wrap so I've decided to take my old Frogg Togg. I've taken it before and it stayed nice and cool. I look ridiculous in it but it works so who cares, right? And I think the rest of the family has trusty old Ikea ponchos lol I know it's going to be sweltering, but a sweltering swamp day in Disney is better than a nice day not at Disney, right?

Alright we are closing in on 30 days!!!! We have paid off the vacation, started packing lists, and basically just waiting until that glorious morning on Aug 30… to begin the road trip!!!

So lets get into the nitty gritty and discuss our plans for this years venture. **It is going to be hot, it is going to be rainy, we know this and have prepared – we will be taking mid-day breaks almost every day of the trip to combat the heat.

We will be leaving on Aug 30-staying the night in Alabama- and landing at ASMo on Aug 31. On Aug 31 when we make our way to ASMo we plan on stopping by the outlets and possibly visiting Disney Springs. But really those will be done early in the morning so we can rest (let the 3 year old run around) and go swimming! Then on Sept 1 we are getting up bright and early to hit the Character Warehouses and switching resorts to POP. This is when our package starts and Free Dining Quick Service is what we snagged!! Sure folks can debate whether or not it’s a good deal but for our traveling party it is the best deal we can manage (always check the math). Getting back on track now…… We are having another early shopping day and relax/pool day at the resort, so we can be well rested to hit the parks starting on Sept 2. Itinerary of our park days to follow in the next posts.....

Sept 2 aka “What won't we do?!” day---- MK

The hours that day are 9-9 ( Hours EXTENDED to 9-11!!!!), it is our first day at the parks and we mean business. Keep in mind this is not our first rodeo, we have worked from the past trips on how to minimize back tracking (the true culprit of sore and exhausted bodies/minds when you stay for 8 days). To start our trip off we have our beloved CP PPO breakfast at 8:10am.

It is now tradition that our first ride we do is Dumbo.. just became the way of kicking off the trip.

Detailed Itinerary:

CP 8:10
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Speedway?
7D – FP+ 10:05
Little Mermaid
Space Mt
Buzz Lightyear
Carousel of Progress
Teacups
Winnie-the-Pooh – FP+ 11:20
PP – FP+ 12:25 (looking for our 4th FP+)
HM
Columbia Harbor House – lunch?
**Break at 2ish (keeping the parade in mind to figure our way towards the front of the park)
Return around 5ish
BTMM—perspective FP+
Splash Mt
Pecos – dinner
Country Bear Jamboree
**see where we are time wise and select a ride from there**
Possibly Dumbo again but during the fireworks.
Kiss Goodnight

Last edited:
Sounds like we'll be there during the same time! We'll be at Boardwalk Sept 1-8!
That's so exciting! I love knowing other people from the boards will be there at the same time! Logically, we know it's bound to happen, but we like OFFICIALLY knowing hahaha

I am beyond excited!! Food and Wine full menus were announced yesterday.... YESSSS! Way too happy for this event and to try the offerings and our party has started to think that we should try something from every station. I think we can do it, among us we will each have 2 snacks per day (9 days worth) credits more than doable I think. But needless to say we are already making plans for what we want to get and sticking to it this year. I am striving to not bring back any snacks as a last ditch effort to use (or lose) my snack credits, I am not doing it this year.

Kansas girl here!! Enjoy your trip!!

I have to agree with a pp- I would get an umbrella over a poncho - the ponchos are like a steam bag for humans.

I am beyond excited!! Food and Wine full menus were announced yesterday.... YESSSS! Way too happy for this event and to try the offerings and our party has started to think that we should try something from every station. I think we can do it, among us we will each have 2 snacks per day (9 days worth) credits more than doable I think. But needless to say we are already making plans for what we want to get and sticking to it this year. I am striving to not bring back any snacks as a last ditch effort to use (or lose) my snack credits, I am not doing it this year.

Have u had the loaded Mac and cheese? It’s FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Have u had the loaded Mac and cheese? It’s FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Yes I had it two years ago. It was delicious and I plan to eat it again this year. It was super hot and fresh when I had it (and had a few drinks), but I hope to let it cool down a bit this go round. I am saddened to see that Japan is no longer offering the pineapple sake... but they do have a different sake to try this year.

Sept 3 --- AK and Typhoon

AK has EMH this day at 8-9am and regular hours being 9-8:30, we have decided to take our break at the water park today (instead of a resort room/pool break).

EMH:
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
Triceratop Spin
EE
Jungle Trek?
Yak and Yeti (counter service 10ish)
Safari – FP+ 10
*** Break at Typhoon 12-2/3ish
Return by 4
Dinosaur – FP+ 4:45
EE – FP+ 6:55 (look for 4th FP+)
Safari again??
Pandora at night

Sept 4 --- EPCOT and Typhoon

EPCOT hours today are 9-9 with EMH 9-11 we will be taking our mid-day break at Typhoon again. This is our future world day with just a bit in the world showcase. EPCOT needs 2 days because of the large amount of walking compared to the amount of rides (to get off our feet).

Soarin’ – rope drop
Living with the land
Nemo
Figment – FP+ 9:10
TT – FP+ 10:20
Spaceship Earth – FP+ 11:40 (look for 4th FP+….FEA)
**Break at Typhoon 1-4
Return at 5ish
Walk on a ride in future world
Gran Fiesta
FEA (perspective FP+)
Food and Wine!! Open 9-9 stop by some booths
Catch Illuminations
9-11 EMH
Catch some more rides in future world (low times/walk on)

Last edited:
Well it is an early day today for me, and it is pouring outside and I can't help but think this would be great if I were in Disney! Heavy rain days just reminds me of a good park clearing rainy time when you can wander and catch close to any ride with a walk on.

On to trip planning!!
I have gotten all of my spending money together so that's nice, I will be putting some of it on gift cards ( hello, 5% savings from Target RedCard). I still have to purchase the memory maker, which I think will be done next week. I have made my packing and clothing list, which I feel is incomplete, but it probably is good to go.

Sept 5 --- MK 9-9 EMH 9-11

We are planning to hit MK hard the first day so our other MK days will be doing what we want to do over again and more of a leisure/wander pace. This is more of a lax day as far as plans (compared to our other days)

JC – FP+ 9:30
POTC
Tiki Room
Aladdin
HM – FP+ 11:40
IASW
7DMT – FP+ 1:55

And at some point in the day we want to accomplish:
Philarmagic
Prince Charming Carousel
Indy Speedway
BTMRR
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Fireworks?
During EMH:
PP
Winnie the Pooh

Sept 6 – EPCOT EMH 8-9 regular 9-9

This day is our Food and Wine excursion day!!!!! We have the quick service dining plan and that gives us 2 snack credits per person per night.. so after doing some math we will have 72 snack credits altogether! We will each have our own allotment but we have decided to take turns trying some of the offerings. We will not come home with snacks as a last ditch effort to use snack credits!

We will still hit up a few future world rides before the world showcase opens.

Not sure what we will accomplish during the EMH but I have FP+ selections for the day because…why not?!

Spaceship Earth – FP+ 9:10
Living With The Land
Figment
FEA – FP+ 10:45
Gran Fiesta
Food and Wine

Possibly Spaceship Earth again (we love it) and last year on our trip I was being obnoxious and decided to flip through the languages when it landed on Chinese ( I also thought it would just be subtitles) but instead we got to experience the whole ride in a language we could not understand. This was also the last time to ride it as our trip was coming to an end…so I have to redeem that for me and my best friend!

Sept 7 --- HS 9-8:30

This is our dedicated HS…Toy Story Land day! Beyond excited to see this land. With that being said and since they did away with The Great Movie Ride… RIP… We don’t really have too much to that we want to see there except Toy Story land. And hit some of the traditional-every-trip rides.

SDD – FP+ 9:35
Alien
TSMM
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Muppets
ToT – FP+ 2:55
RNR – FP+ 4:05

We will eat at Pizza Rizzo’s (love the new theming of this quick service). And we want to see Toy Story Land at night as well. So another pretty lax day, not filled to the brim. It gives us time to actually do what we want.

Sept 8 – Park Hopping AK EMH (8-9) 9-8:30, HS 9-8:30

We will more than likely park hop on other days of this trip especially on our lax days, but this day is planned on park hopping. And we want to find the major hidden Mickey in AK.

EMH @ AK:
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
Everest
Tough to be a Bug
Safari
Na’vi ??
(Possible break at resort)

HS:
SDD – FP+ 6:15

That is the only solid plan for HS, but we plan on hitting Alien and TSMM again.
Possibly do Food & Wine one last time.

I just checked on park hours for our trip just because I know they change usually the closer you get. And to my excitement our first day in the parks at MK we now have an extra 2 hours that night! instead of 9-9 it is now 9-11!!!! SO excited for this I know it is just one day but still we get a good hearty day on our first day. Then the other change is that our second day there at AK they extended from 8:30 to 9 closing. So not a lot but we still got a couple extra hours for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter