Main Street Entertainment- locations/timing

nikmasteed

Mouseketeer
During one of our Magic Kingdom days (trip in late August), we are looking to spend about an hour or so enjoying some of the miscellaneous entertainment at Main Street and the Hub, and I need some help with locations and viewing/timing. I havent been to WDW in 14 years and I don't believe I've ever caught any of these things before.

Looking in general at about the 11am - 12:30pm range, just before leaving the park for a mid-day break at the hotel. Will be entering the hub from Liberty Sq most likely. Does the order of these make sense?

1. 11am: Main Street Vehicles (i.e. old-timey fire truck)-- Board at the Hub? where specifically do they load?
2. Ride down Main St to Town Square: I understand this takes 5 minutes or less?
3. Meet Tinkerbelle at Town Sq Theater, likely with a Fast Pass, to make sure we get back to Hub
4. 11:30: Back to the Hub for Move It Shake It Street Party-- anywhere on Hub okay?
5. Leisurely stroll back down Main Street, maybe stop in some shops, but want to see...
6. 12:00 ish?? Main Street Trolley Show-- from what I can find, they do their little performance at each of Casey's, middle of Main St, Emporium, and at the Railroad Station-- is it in that order?

Could easily plan on meeting Tink at the very end if between 11 and 11:30 doesnt work, it just seemed a little silly to go down Main St without doing something before heading back to the Hub. Since Main St Vehicles I believe end at noon, the Street Party is 11:30, and the Trolley Show is at 12, want to see if we can make the timing work for those 3 in particular

Thanks in advance for the advice, and other suggestions are welcome!

During one of our Magic Kingdom days (trip in late August), we are looking to spend about an hour or so enjoying some of the miscellaneous entertainment at Main Street and the Hub, and I need some help with locations and viewing/timing. I havent been to WDW in 14 years and I don't believe I've ever caught any of these things before.

Looking in general at about the 11am - 12:30pm range, just before leaving the park for a mid-day break at the hotel. Will be entering the hub from Liberty Sq most likely. Does the order of these make sense?

1. 11am: Main Street Vehicles (i.e. old-timey fire truck)-- Board at the Hub? where specifically do they load?
2. Ride down Main St to Town Square: I understand this takes 5 minutes or less?
3. Meet Tinkerbelle at Town Sq Theater, likely with a Fast Pass, to make sure we get back to Hub
4. 11:30: Back to the Hub for Move It Shake It Street Party-- anywhere on Hub okay?
5. Leisurely stroll back down Main Street, maybe stop in some shops, but want to see...
6. 12:00 ish?? Main Street Trolley Show-- from what I can find, they do their little performance at each of Casey's, middle of Main St, Emporium, and at the Railroad Station-- is it in that order?

7. Could easily plan on meeting Tink at the very end if between 11 and 11:30 doesnt work, it just seemed a little silly to go down Main St without doing something before heading back to the Hub. Since Main St Vehicles I believe end at noon, the Street Party is 11:30, and
8. the Trolley Show is at 12.

Thanks in advance for the advice, and other suggestions are welcome!
1. They stop running at about 10:15AM. One-way rides.
They load in front of the Main St. Railroad Station on one end, and at the Castle Hub
on the other.
2. Yup.
3. That is right by where you board the Main St. vehicles.
Makes little sense to ride the vehicle to the Castle Hub, THEN go back to meet Tink.
You COULD exit a vehicle at the Hub, then board another and ride back to Town Square.
4. Maybe. You'll figure out where to stand at that time.
5. OK. Not all really timing-critical.
6. You'll encounter it along Main St. I'd not wait until precisely Noon.
Starts at the Hub end.
7. Whenever you think you'll be back at Town Square.
8. The "Trolley Show" has multiple performances as it progresses up Main St. from the Hub.
I'd not wait until precisely Noon.

Overall, the timing for much of this is less than exact.

Last edited:
I understand that there is a designated area for pick ups for the main street vehicles. As I getting off the monorail and see the Main Street Railroad station, is the pick up area marked in any way? Is it on on the left or right side? This seems like a fun thing to start off my birthday celebration tomorrow at the MK. I don't want to miss it.

I understand that there is a designated area for pick ups for the main street vehicles. As I getting off the monorail and see the Main Street Railroad station, is the pick up area marked in any way? Is it on on the left or right side? This seems like a fun thing to start off my birthday celebration tomorrow at the MK. I don't want to miss it.

Directly in front of the railroad station on the INSIDE (facing the castle.)
You'll simply SEE the vehicles in the area near the Town Square flagpole.

On the street on the map below flanked by the Town Square Theater, RR Station and City Hall.

MK-Town-Square-DiningPkg-Parade_040317_zpsffj6nf9k.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter