Main Street Theater project cancelled?

During my Keys to the Kingdom tour on 2/7, the tour guide showed us where the theater work is, and said they are building the new retaining walls right now. She said they had not been given any information on what sort of show it would have, but the rumors would come out about 6 months before opening when they start auditions. She noted that the bypass route behind the Main Street Theater will be moved to be behind Town Hall, and the bypass will become a "normal" street to accommodate traffic for the new show and to make it easier to get to Tomorrowland.

During my Keys to the Kingdom tour on 2/7, the tour guide showed us where the theater work is, and said they are building the new retaining walls right now. She said they had not been given any information on what sort of show it would have, but the rumors would come out about 6 months before opening when they start auditions. She noted that the bypass route behind the Main Street Theater will be moved to be behind Town Hall, and the bypass will become a "normal" street to accommodate traffic for the new show and to make it easier to get to Tomorrowland.
So you saw actual work happening? Everything I’ve heard/saw has said otherwise. Several sources say equipment was removed and nothing is currently happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!